How many Eternal I need ....

Hello there !
Use a Eternal orb was a dream , but now I begin to have enough currency to use some of them .
Didn't find anywhere some info about the average of Et use for a mod
Just find this : http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/UserWiki:Chriskang
Very interesting but depressive if I understand correctly

I have this mace :

And dream about ias mod
But ..... 1,3 % to roll max ias , ok let say t1,t2,t3 ok roll , so I have 3,9% to roll the good mod ?
So a average of 25 Et ?

Thanks for all advices and help !

The mace is just a example , I try to understand the chance to roll a mod and how many eternal I need to expect using in a craft .
I'm mostly solo self found( use only that I found craft but sell stuff) , It's my way of having fun in this game , so basically my currency is for craft/map
I know it's way more efficent to buy stuff , not craft , 2 handed suck , mace suck , ...
But in this exemple if I craft the ias , the mace can become a 740 pdps , a better one will cost me a mirror and fee , so 190 ex , and I'm far from having that , and I will have so much more fun if I craft my "precious"

(Please , be patient with my poor english)
Last edited by jejejouille on Oct 16, 2014, 8:32:00 AM
RIP currency :) dont waste your currency on "shit" like this
"Path of nurfs" - LVL 100 + LVL 100 + LVL 100 ENDGAME REAVER
"1.3.0 Path of nurfs 3. expansion"
Shops: 1031762,774343,883462,371756,1091096,1099789,1260674
Reaver Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/velo1337/videos
The chances are a bit higher, because the mace already has two suffixes and those cannot be rolled again. Still not that good a spot to go on eternal crafting, I'm afraid.
IGN: ManModeMara (gmt +3)
Last edited by H_E_P_T_A on Oct 16, 2014, 7:07:12 AM
"
danisonxtc wrote:

Responses like this show what Eternal Orbs have done to this game, everything below six T1 mods is shit these days. -.-

@OP: As H_E_P_T_A already said, some mods can not be rolled again because they are already on the weapon. This also includes all lower and higher values of those mods, increasing your chances a bit more.

I don't see the affix spawn rates for maces on the Wiki page you linked to, but I guess axes are close enough (they actually are harder to roll, because they have one extra suffix). Anyways, if p is the probability of a result you'd accept (i.e. one of T1,T2,T3 ias), your chance of success after n Eternals is
1 - ((100 - p)/100)^n, times 100 to get % notation.

Calculating with 4% chance to hit one of the ias affixes, your probability looks like this:

Yay, charts. :D
"
Lord_of_Error wrote:
"
danisonxtc wrote:

Responses like this show what Eternal Orbs have done to this game, everything below six T1 mods is shit these days. -.-

@OP: As H_E_P_T_A already said, some mods can not be rolled again because they are already on the weapon. This also includes all lower and higher values of those mods, increasing your chances a bit more.

I don't see the affix spawn rates for maces on the Wiki page you linked to, but I guess axes are close enough (they actually are harder to roll, because they have one extra suffix). Anyways, if p is the probability of a result you'd accept (i.e. one of T1,T2,T3 ias), your chance of success after n Eternals is
1 - ((100 - p)/100)^n, times 100 to get % notation.

Calculating with 4% chance to hit one of the ias affixes, your probability looks like this:

Yay, charts. :D

Very interesting !

So if I'm lucky around 50% chance , it's will cost me " only " 15 Et around 50ex , and unlucky a mirror +
Thanks for the reply !
Note that I just assumed the chance of getting one of the better ias mods to be 4%, because i don't know the correct value.

Using the values for axes from here, the mods that no longer can spawn because they are already present would altogether have a chance of 12*1.272=15.264% to spawn on a white item, while the three acceptable IAS rolls together have a chance of 3*1.272=3.816%. Since the former can no longer spawn, the chance for the latter gets increased to

3.816/(1 - 15.264/100) = 4.5%,

so your chances should be a little bit better than what the chart shows.

Although I'm not sure if that Wiki entry is correct, for instance I noticed that it doesn't list the 5 life on hit mod.
If I understand , I have better chance if I have already some mod on my item with lot of tiers and not rare , for exemple roll the hybrid phys stun ( I know impossible to roll too low chance) and having already 2 mod but super rare don't help at all .

I don't know if a accurate list of mod chance exist , maybe a secret of poe guarded by dozen of ubber utziri ?
If someone want to share it could be very usefull for the comunity

well to be honest you would be better off mirroring another weap and it will be 6l too.

But if you are in for the fun of it why the hell not. just be prepared that there's a chance you will be throwing 50-100 ex out the window if you dont get the mod you want or a really shitty one at that.

What you describe is very similar to the ever frequent cases of 'omg 1500 fuses used and still no 6l fuck this gg im done with this shite !!1!!1'

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info