Is there still a build viable with my gear?

Hi there!

Long time since I played this game, and I guess there are alot of changes since I played.
Back at the time I made a Duelist with bow, lighting, pew pew.

Is there still a viable build? My char is lvl 81, and to refarm without some decent build in this gear is hard :p

Any pointers? Or is it best I remake another char?

IGN: DoNotDelete
Last edited by pnxsinned on Oct 16, 2014, 5:05:49 AM
After looking abit around, I guess none? Is the gear I have still tradeable or worth anything? Been to long out to judge :(
Would love to play again, but don't know how to start from here.
Can no one give me a pointer? :(
Hey buddy. Sorry that you haven't gotten any good replies. I'm afraid that I don't have much experience with bow builds, but I can tell you that in general the meta has shifted away from Elemental based attacks for now, in favor of Physical. This I think is due to a number of factors:

1) Max resists have been removed from the tree. You get hit harder by Reflect.

2) Puncture or Puncture-Trap is the go-to single target boss killer for bow builds. This scales purely off Physical damage.

3) Critical Strike Chance on bows have been buffed massively since the LA-days. Again this seems to mesh better with Physical damage because you can mitigate phys reflect easier (Cast-on-damage-taken + Immortal Call)

4) Tornado Shot.

EDIT: 5) Lots of %phys leech available from gear, (some from tree) > No need for life leech gem.

Again, take everything I say with a grain of salt because I have not made any (high level) bow builds, but I think that is where things stand for now.

My advice to you would be to keep this character as is (don't sell gear yet), make a completely new character based on phys. Then when the new patch hits if they nerf phys/crit/tornado shot, they may also buff LA/ele. If they don't, then you haven't lost anything.

All of that being said, I have heard of successful LA rangers on Beyond (one died recently at level 97 or something), but again do not know where to find their builds.

Last edited by Shmez on Oct 17, 2014, 3:05:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info