when did you stop leveling?

the highest char lvl i've achieved was 86 on my flameblast witch but I kinda lost interest after that.
Im currently leveling an incinerate witch, planning on getting her to around lvl 90 so I can do some atziri runs so thats a motivation for me. Hopefully there will be more end-game content added so you have something to build your char for and not just level them up for the sake of leveling.
90 here too. Also for me, a build at 80 with regards to damage and skills is complete - anything after that is trying to increase survivability.
93, although i want to get lvl 94 or 95 but when i die because of my pc(garbage pc, freezes, 1-2 fps in intense fights, etc) i get so pissed i dont want to lvl anymore, because its not my fault.

I mean it is to an extent, but i am not going to build a 10k ES guy just because micro-freezes etc(micro hehe, 4-6 sec)

I plan my builds with about 102-103 points which is level 82-83 I think. If the build is good, that's usually enough to play high end maps. After that I play the build once in a while or level new ones, but I stop leveling at that point because I find map leveling boring.
Getting to the high 80s is fairly reasonable as long as people are running 73+ map groups.

Those are becoming harder to find.

Meanwhile once I get to 86/87 I stop caring about leveling and just keep working on getting gems to level 20.

That is exactly when I have the most fun.

I don't care about dying so I start doing all those stupid, annoying bosses I would never do when trying to level. Jungle valley boss, I'm looking at you.

So not caring about sitting at 0 exp is most liberating...
I stop when it gets too boring. In the past this has been everything from 80 to 93, now I am lvl 94 and I am going to get to 95 sometime this upcoming weekend, after that I dont know if I am going to continue, its getting really boring. As usual, the last month in the league is pretty boring for me, its more fun in the beginning, so Im going to go play something else, take a break from PoE and get ready for next league :)
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Till my mom turn off pc ;____;
"
Armityle wrote:
Till my mom turn off pc ;____;

:)

I tend to level up to anywhere betwen 80-85 before starting a new build. But i always return to play all my charachters.

I have two simple rules:
A build that requires anything more valuable than a simple 5-link is not worth attempting.
A build that isn't finished by lvl 80 is a build not worth attempting.
Last edited by kompaniet on Oct 16, 2014, 4:49:46 PM
"
kompaniet wrote:

:)

I tend to level up to anywhere betwen 80-85 before starting a new build. But i always return to play all my charachters.

I have two simple rules:
A build that requires anything more valuable than a simple 5-link is not worth attempting.
A build that isn't finished by lvl 80 is a build not worth attempting.

Nice to know that other people have similar rules with me. My HC builds are often finished at 60-65lvl (when they are ready to go for maps too) and aiming always for the 4-5l, anything better that this a huge bonus and every lvl after that is so so sweet. Though i have to admit that when i really enjoy and like a build, i try to lvl up to 85 (still need to lvl an HC character to 90 for the achievement)
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info