"
TheAnuhart wrote:
Wow, this thread.

OP raises what is a real concern among many players, especially it would seem closed beta players, that have seen the game change into this repeating forced meta, which is now as often as every 3 months, skills, items and even keystones are made useless one league then OP as fuck the next. Builds are broken, long term characters are completely pointless, all because GGG think it's necessary to get people to play temp leagues to keep them interested; and he's met with a host of idiotic responses.

OP, it's a bitch, but this is how it is, it fucking sucks. It bothers me because I like to long-term-character play and I have no interest in temp leagues. But, it also bothers me because I don't think it's working to plan, I don't think it can work. The temp leagues drop off after 1 month, they did as 4 month, they do as 3 month, they would as 2 month. In a model where anything and everything is tradeable, where players are rewarded for fast tracking, skipping RNG, path of least resistance, instant gratification, they will never appease the target audience, they will never keep them interested, not by giving them everything quickly and resetting frequently.

It's a no win situation and PoE is accelerating in a bad direction.

I feel like maybe the concern would have been better received if it was in a format other than a tantrum and if OP didn't immediately start insulting people who were not even being hostile to him. What do you think?

How is this not locked?
    ☭ ᵀʰᵉ ᵍᵉᵐᵐᵉᵈ ᵍᵉᶰᵗᵉᵉᶫ ᵃʳᵉ ᵃᶰ ᶦᶰᶠᵉˢᵗᵃᵗᶦᵒᶰ⋅ ᵀʰᵉʸ ᵃʳᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ᴹᵒᶰᵏᵉʸ ᴷᶦᶰᵍ'ˢ ᶠᶫᵉᵃˢ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵈʳᶦᶰᵏ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᶫᶦᶠᵉᵇᶫᵒᵒᵈ⋅ ᶜʳᵘˢʰ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ᶦᶰ ʸᵒᵘʳ ʷᵒʳᵏ⁻ᶠᵒʳᵍᵉᵈ ʰᵃᶰᵈˢ﹗  ☭
              ͏   ͏͏ ৹ಊ৹⎊۝⎊৹ಊ⋅𝐆𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲⋅ಊ⋅𝐌𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐝⋅ಊ৹⎊۝⎊৹ಊ৹
Last edited by Dreggz on Oct 16, 2014, 10:11:25 AM
Ive had none of my chars broken by any of the updates, most have gotten better, a few have gotten a bit worse, but far from broken.

When there are changes, you need to analyze them and apply what you discover, not throw a shitfit about how your build got two or three skill points less effective.
HAIL SATAN!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info