Game is cheating.

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
No...you are out of sync, you don't need to have been there before to be desynced into there. when you attacked the monsters at range the selected target moved out of LoS and you moved to a position to hit it, which would be inside the building....use attack in place

I see. Thanks.
Shift + attack
Zero characters.
    ☭ ᵀʰᵉ ᵍᵉᵐᵐᵉᵈ ᵍᵉᶰᵗᵉᵉᶫ ᵃʳᵉ ᵃᶰ ᶦᶰᶠᵉˢᵗᵃᵗᶦᵒᶰ⋅ ᵀʰᵉʸ ᵃʳᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ᴹᵒᶰᵏᵉʸ ᴷᶦᶰᵍ'ˢ ᶠᶫᵉᵃˢ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵈʳᶦᶰᵏ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᶫᶦᶠᵉᵇᶫᵒᵒᵈ⋅ ᶜʳᵘˢʰ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ᶦᶰ ʸᵒᵘʳ ʷᵒʳᵏ⁻ᶠᵒʳᵍᵉᵈ ʰᵃᶰᵈˢ﹗  ☭
              ͏   ͏͏ ৹ಊ৹⎊۝⎊৹ಊ⋅𝐆𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲⋅ಊ⋅𝐌𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐝⋅ಊ৹⎊۝⎊৹ಊ৹
"
symban wrote:
"
"
Out of Sync

It would be out of sync, if I been on that location and move back. But if I never been there, how can game suck me into the place I never been previously?

A. Quantum Mechanics Apply to PoE.

B. PoE is a hardcore game, it is not one of those carebear games in which what you see on the screen is true.

C. You were hacked, hacker moved you into the room, then gave you back control.

Pick your choice.

D. Client side trust and server side verification is too hard for amateur devs.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
symban wrote:

B. PoE is a hardcore game, it is not one of those carebear games in which what you see on the screen is true.

rofl
GGG - Why you no?
Last edited by JoannaDark on Oct 15, 2014, 10:50:57 PM
During all my time here I've gotten pretty used to playing with the desync, but it really really saddens me that new players to the game, like the OP, get bad first impressions like this.

If new players somehow make it through a few zones without noticing it is guaranteed to happen and confuse them on the very first boss they encounter, Brutus, his hook will cause desync 100% of the time.

I can only imagine most new players first impression before they even get out of act one :'(

I understand desync is not something easy to fix, but It honestly baffles me why they can't, at least, change some of the desync inducing skills on some of the bosses, at least temporarily, like brutus hook, bosses/exiles with cyclone, ect. Why can't they give them another skill to use in the meantime until things improve? Also while I think all the obstacles littered all over the ground make for a better looking environment, why can't they be removed temporarily until things improve?
Last edited by whoismiked on Oct 16, 2014, 7:17:15 AM
"
b15h09 wrote:
D. Client side trust and server side verification is too hard for amateur devs.

Client-side trust is a horrible idea when you want to keep your economy safe and are attempting "hack free".

Keeping everything server-side is the best way to secure the game. It has nothing to do with how "amateur" the devs are. It was a security choice they MADE.. it isn't that way because they didn't know of any other way to do it.

As soon as you allow the client to make any decision the server trusts, you run into security issues.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info