How to keep on PLAYING?

(NOT A QQ THREAD, JUST ASKING FOR FEEDBACK)

Ok I just lost 70ex worth of currency trying to 6 link, that was everything that I had. I'm pissed and hell I regret trying that. But now my frustration makes me want to quit this game but there aren't any other games that I enjoy. How can look to the bright side of it and give it a second chance?
Last edited by gtrans on Oct 15, 2014, 11:38:50 AM
"
gtrans wrote:

Ok I just lost 70ex worth of currency trying to 6 link, that was everything that I had. I'm pissed and hell I regret trying that. But now my frustration makes me want to quit this game but there aren't any other games that I enjoy. How can look to the bright side of it and give it a second chance?

???

...and 6L from the Master?

If the error is mine, I don't even be wondering how to move forward. Just a slap for my own clumsiness and ready to go...
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
Start on a new league?
Play self-found?

Both viable options. The less you care about the financial part of it, the more fun it is.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Oct 15, 2014, 11:46:57 AM
"
CantripN wrote:
Start on a new league?
Play self-found?

Both viable options. The less you care about the financial part of it, the more fun it is.

Well, most of the "fun" part is when you get the $$$ flowing. Killing mobs mindlessly over hours and hours is for a reason. Other than that, this isn't a casual game. At least to my opinion, casual gamers will leave this game alone.
"
gtrans wrote:
"
CantripN wrote:
Start on a new league?
Play self-found?

Well, most of the "fun" part is when you get the $$$ flowing. Killing mobs mindlessly over hours and hours is for a reason. Other than that, this isn't a casual game. At least to my opinion, casual gamers will leave this game alone.

Oh, I agree!

Spoiler

Just saying, GETTING that gear is the fun bit, the way there, the hope for loot drops, sometimes even the trade on the way. It's the WAY that's fun, not just the result. Granted, the result is quite fun :D

Why do we all start over in new leagues or reroll? Because it's fun to have that desire fresh, and not just use the same old OP gear.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
"
FadeXF wrote:
Why do these types of QQ threads still exist?? This is the 2nd one this week.

CLEARLY:
1) You understand there is a 1500 fuse cost recipe - hand over those fuses, GUARANTEED 6L item.
2) You understood the risks involved in GAMBLING away that many fuses.
3) You could have BOUGHT a 6L item from someone - 2 of them actually easily - for that currency.

You got greedy - then you panic'd - and now you have gamblers remorse.

You knew the rules. You knew the odds. You knew that there was a guaranteed result that you were too lazy to grind out for.

Sympathy tank empty.

You forgot to mention that the SOLE purpose of this thread, which I clearly stated above, was to give me feedback on how to recover from a huge loss.

I'm aware off all those, I made that choice and I got what RNG choose to give me but that doesn't mean you wouldn't mind loosing your wealth.
Maybe try to forget about that character you invested that much on and do something else. A pretty looking build you always wanted to try. Craft your own build and put it to work with the stuff you already have.
Focus on something else you like about the game in order to forget that big loss.

Whenever I hit that point where I dont want to play the game im currently playing but no other game looks appealing at the moment I just take a break from gaming in general for a few days it usually helps.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
"
gtrans wrote:

You are comparing incomparables. I just dropped over 100 chaos orbs on a spree to try to get a good hammer and ended up with nothing. The value of those chaos was exactly 0. They were worth 0 sitting in my stash as well.

The only time they have value is when you get something for their use, either in trade or in application.

The fusings you used were worthless before you used them and worthless after you used them. You lost nothing.
Play hardcore. You'll learn fast to let things go.

FUCK, I jsut died to the stupidest thing ever omfg I'm an idiot I lost 500 ex on this amazing char I've spent the past two months on.

Delete char, remake under the same name, play another build. Easy peasy.
IGN- Vyvanne | Voxxvi (Tempest League)
Vyvanne's Odds and Bods Boutique - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1311497

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info