I just can't go back.

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
elemental attack builds are just fundamentally flawed in that regard. Physical attacks you just get leech from phys for mana and life on gear, tree, on the weapons themselves etc and just go all out on damage supports. Elemental has always had that problem of needing leech, and maybe even needing bloodmagic gem AND leech gem. It used to work because auras were strong and before that even elemental weapons and gear are just easier to get than good physical stuff, there was no phys projectile gem for the longest time. Now I dont really see anything that would make me want to play largely elemental attacks.

I totally agree. I'm working on an elemental Cleave build right now and, while it's fun, it just can't compare to non-elemental builds because of the need for Blood Magic + Life Leech or specialized gear that limits damage potential (like an Elreon accessory plus a Blood Magic-Clarity setup). Don't even get me started on trying to make the build work with crit.

The addition of elemental leech on gear and changes to life flasks help the leech situation a little, but it's not enough. I hate that you need to corrupt elemental leech (or use a unique item) and that you're forced to take nodes like Herbalism or Profane Chemistry to make potions work for you. I'd like to be able to craft (not corrupt) elemental leech.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Oct 15, 2014, 11:47:17 AM
^the witch master provides elemental leach craft, maybe you did not know that?

peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
^the witch master provides elemental leach craft, maybe you did not know that?

But she only provides it on specific weapons, right? No love for axes, swords, bows, and non-scepter maces. Plus you can't use a unique weapon then, and it's only 1% leech. I'd like to see up to 2% leech from elemental attack damage on gloves or accessories.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
^it is craftable on gloves if i am not mistaken sir, i would have to check i am not 100% sure on this.

I agree if this is not the case, gloves should be added and the mod should be added to vagan's craftable mods on all other weapon types, good call.

Peace,

-Boem-

Edit : you are entirely correct sir, it is craftable on daggers/scepters/wands/claws/staffs only.

My mistake. So yes, imo it should be on vagans craftable options.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Oct 15, 2014, 12:34:21 PM
For me the thing that's ruined every other build for me is running a dual wield crit build with rat's nest, speed on the tree inidentally and movespeed boots. My surgeon's quicksilver flask is always up, there's no armor penalty, and so if I'm moving around and not engaged with a pack I've typically got like 90% move speed at all times. Going to anything else feels like I'm playing the game while stuck in molasses.
"
C0Y0T3_SLY wrote:
For me the thing that's ruined every other build for me is running a dual wield crit build with rat's nest, speed on the tree inidentally and movespeed boots.

I feel that. Anything lower than +50% movement speed is like molasses to me anymore. Even going from my > 90% Queen of the Forest Build to my 62% EK build feels weird.
"
Tempada wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
elemental attack builds are just fundamentally flawed in that regard. Physical attacks you just get leech from phys for mana and life on gear, tree, on the weapons themselves etc and just go all out on damage supports. Elemental has always had that problem of needing leech, and maybe even needing bloodmagic gem AND leech gem. It used to work because auras were strong and before that even elemental weapons and gear are just easier to get than good physical stuff, there was no phys projectile gem for the longest time. Now I dont really see anything that would make me want to play largely elemental attacks.

I totally agree. I'm working on an elemental Cleave build right now and, while it's fun, it just can't compare to non-elemental builds because of the need for Blood Magic + Life Leech or specialized gear that limits damage potential (like an Elreon accessory plus a Blood Magic-Clarity setup). Don't even get me started on trying to make the build work with crit.

The addition of elemental leech on gear and changes to life flasks help the leech situation a little, but it's not enough. I hate that you need to corrupt elemental leech (or use a unique item) and that you're forced to take nodes like Herbalism or Profane Chemistry to make potions work for you. I'd like to be able to craft (not corrupt) elemental leech.

Ya its just no good. I think the leech that was offered from the masters on gloves should have been warlords mark style flat damage leech. 1% mana or 2% life, no attack or phys stipulations, would have opened up so many builds and options.

The WED gem was also nerfed at some point, which hurt. Wasnt it like 80% more weapon elemental damage? Now its 59%, and the quality bonus was reduced. Elemental builds used to use leech and bm and still do reasonable damage with cleave, but back then if you had a 250pdps sword that was astounding, anyone going over 12k dps was pretty impressive. Esp now with the master crafts getting physical weapons is so much easier, ele has lost that thing of being reliable cheap option. BM keystone with Grace, Wrath and Anger taking up a tiny bit of life, leech gem, you were good to go basically for bows or fast 1h attacks.

Ive been playing self found in regular hardcore for about 3 weeks now, leveled three characters to 80+, they all used physical weapons from lvl 1 all the way through the game without any issues on a fresh start. Rustic recipe and/or the single master mod crafting have been involved in every weapon they have used, it's pretty much the other way around now, phys is just reliable right out of the gate.

thats the weapons my self found reaver is using, I havent found any phys weapons that would naturally be as good as these without all the crafting options. They look kind of bad compared to what Im used to using in trading softcore leagues, but they put out faceroll damage, I dont have access to a level of maps I cant absolutely demolish with 0 risk yet. Theyre so much better than anything I had access to 3 weeks into the start of open beta thats for sure. I have 13.5k reave (5 link), nearly 19k dual strike (4 link), compared to 3k cleave and 6k dual strike I had on my first phys sword duelist in ob its ridiculous.

thats what the self found ranger is using, if I found a windripper tomorrow I wouldnt even bother trying it, why would I want anything to do with elemental attacks when I have a phys bow capable of taking down any maps. Again this is all the masters doing, I have yet to find a natural phys bow anywhere near this level, yet I've got backups even thanks to the masters.

I hope they do something with the Templar, maybe we dont want spells getting in on it but a 1% of elemental attack damage leeched as mana passive somewhere in there would be so good. I made posts before phys proj came along about how all the ele like Catalyst was in templar area and bows/1 handers were dominated by ele, which pulled us all left of the tree. I think rightly so now bows and fast 1h weapons in the ranger corner are firmly a phys thing, they work. But now they need to look at reinventing elemental attacks in the templar area because we wernt going left tree for Glacial Hammer etc, we were going there to fuel cleave, roa, lightning arrow, things like Hammer are still as shit as they always were. I think given the state of 2 handers they should just balance all those skills, Hammer, GroundSlam, Infernal Blow etc around 1h maces/sceptres. Reave, Cleave, Dual Strike, Double Strike, Viper Strike, they all do enough damage with a 1h setup and a realistic weapon.
Another problem is that so many enemies are resistant to ALL elements! This really screws over builds that rely on Anger and Wrath. Physical damage resistance is generally a joke considering the dps of physical builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info