I just can't go back.

It is kinda funny. I looked forward to this league, since I planned my DW Claw Reaver Shadow since Domination and now finally did it.

Gear

I always liked claws. The implicit LL mostly opend up a gem slot and with VP or Bloodseeker even got a strong defensive mechanism.

Too strong maybe even.

I got used to it. I got used to instaleech from 1% to 100% in an instant. Its the poor mans Acuity, but its still so rediculous.

I don't want to play without instaleech anymore. Its safe. It let you make mistake. It let you play melee more reklessly. Its awesome. I completly understand why Acuities are deemed OP.

But it also poses a great problem to me. I can't play other characters anymore. The need for a lifeleech gem or the tiny amount of leech on Elemental leech gear is just not cutting it anymore for me.

Even when popping the Res flask of my main Element Reflect sucks, same goes for any melee fighter. The Leech is just not enough when those vaal things before atziri hit for over 3k in normal and 5k in Ubers.

I just can't enjoy other characters anymore since I witnessed the OPnes of instantleech.

HALP.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.

Yepp, fucking love it :D, and with having 6700 life in beyond, not much have made me dip below 50% life even.
You just wasted 3 seconds reading this.
"
Tian_Yihao wrote:

Yepp, fucking love it :D, and with having 6700 life in beyond, not much have made me dip below 50% life even.

Its just so retarded.

Everytime I've got an awesome idea my characters always play out to need either a LL Gem or they just dont survive melee range OR Reflect damage.

I just do not have these problems with my Reaver and I really enjoy it.

That much that I do not want to play without VP/Claws anymore.

Go evasion 75% block/spell-block and acro + phase acro + atziri's steps.

And don't get hit at all, far superior to instant leach.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
Go evasion 75% block/spell-block and acro + phase acro + atziri's steps.

And don't get hit at all, far superior to instant leach.

Peace,

-Boem-

Isn't possible with all builds.

My latest attempt to do an Glacial Crithammer build from Templar even had maxblock through rathpith and Lazhwar and many block nodes on templar/duelist area.

Still didn't work out without LL Gem.

i got the shadow 2% ll and 2% on my gloves and i run 120% 78 maps with that set-up.

Only dead so far with that set-up was a resync into a "le touché of god" and even when that happens, the chances that you get hit are pretty low.

But aye, for a semi physical/element build you will prolly need a LL gem in the mix just to leach from both sources.

Peace,

-Boem-
elemental attack builds are just fundamentally flawed in that regard. Physical attacks you just get leech from phys for mana and life on gear, tree, on the weapons themselves etc and just go all out on damage supports. Elemental has always had that problem of needing leech, and maybe even needing bloodmagic gem AND leech gem. It used to work because auras were strong and before that even elemental weapons and gear are just easier to get than good physical stuff, there was no phys projectile gem for the longest time. Now I dont really see anything that would make me want to play largely elemental attacks.

if you play full phys probably 30-50% of your damage is elemental anyway through hatred/added fire. If you go hybrid and stack flat ele auras on top of that you have more elemental than phys, but thats ok in both cases cause the phys is still there its just added to. When you start converting phys to elemental or start with virtually no phys to begin with all the leeching falls apart, rather than crushing armour you now get flat resisted so your effective damage is less, its just horrible. Ele reflect is brutal compared to phys.

I think any good phys melee should survive with just leech on gear, daggers, claws, swords or axes. The Bloodseeker is ridiculous, so are the atziri gloves. Even just using a fairly high dps life on hit claw as the offhand, that's what I tend to do quite often, cant beat that instant return on top of normal leeching. 15 loh doesnt sound a lot, but when you are attacking packs of mods 9 times a second with Reave and all that loh is stacking additional to your leech its op, with fast spectral throw lmp its crazy. People talk about how it has to be daggers they beat all other weapons, and I do think the little claw crit cluster could be buffed a bit but claws are absolutely insane. Bloodseaker, Life On Hit implicits, even just the amount of straight up phys leech you end up with from tree and gear is such a big deal.

There are other mechanics though, avoidance is crazy atm, Aegis shield is still looney. A good dagger or sword build using either of those can be immensely survivable. But yeah, stuff like Glacial Hammer, ele damage, 1h phys maces/sceptres, hard left of the tree, its just so unappealing right now even without vp/seeker/acuities for all manner of reasons.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Oct 14, 2014, 9:30:20 PM
The warlord's mark curse along with a rejuvenation totem can be helpful in tough spots
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
elemental attack builds are just fundamentally flawed in that regard. Physical attacks you just get leech from phys for mana and life on gear, tree, on the weapons themselves etc and just go all out on damage supports. Elemental has always had that problem of needing leech, and maybe even needing bloodmagic gem AND leech gem. It used to work because auras were strong and before that even elemental weapons and gear are just easier to get than good physical stuff, there was no phys projectile gem for the longest time. Now I dont really see anything that would make me want to play largely elemental attacks.

if you play full phys probably 30-50% of your damage is elemental anyway through hatred/added fire. If you go hybrid and stack flat ele auras on top of that you have more elemental than phys, but thats ok in both cases cause the phys is still there its just added to. When you start converting phys to elemental or start with virtually no phys to begin with all the leeching falls apart, rather than crushing armour you now get flat resisted so your effective damage is less, its just horrible. Ele reflect is brutal compared to phys.

I think any good phys melee should survive with just leech on gear, daggers, claws, swords or axes. The Bloodseeker is ridiculous, so are the atziri gloves. Even just using a fairly high dps life on hit claw as the offhand, that's what I tend to do quite often, cant beat that instant return on top of normal leeching. 15 loh doesnt sound a lot, but when you are attacking packs of mods 9 times a second with Reave and all that loh is stacking additional to your leech its op, with fast spectral throw lmp its crazy. People talk about how it has to be daggers they beat all other weapons, and I do think the little claw crit cluster could be buffed a bit but claws are absolutely insane. Bloodseaker, Life On Hit implicits, even just the amount of straight up phys leech you end up with from tree and gear is such a big deal.

There are other mechanics though, avoidance is crazy atm, Aegis shield is still looney. A good dagger or sword build using either of those can be immensely survivable. But yeah, stuff like Glacial Hammer, ele damage, 1h phys maces/sceptres, hard left of the tree, its just so unappealing right now even without vp/seeker/acuities for all manner of reasons.

I largely agree on that.

The problem with Elemental Reflect with Converted phys dmg is that I dont know if you need Block or Spellblock for it or if you can evade the Elemental part rolling against your own accuracy.

^it is still considered an "attack" therefore normal block apply's.

Peace,

-boem-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info