Dear GGG : Please fix ur game

I've been playing games for years .. wow..lineage etc..high graphic games.. never had trouble with fps .. but today...5 fps on mervell fight !?! seriously !? 2d game with 5 fps with 2 giga of ram? No wonder people leave the game ... rng its fucked up nothing drops with weeks of grinding no maps no items.. low fps .. really nice !!

Dear SubZeroMG: Please fix your PC, attitude, and expectations. I've been in the software and game industry for years and you are playing a PC Game, not a console game. In addition to that, PoE has nothing to do with any of the games you mentioned. They are an indie company with their own built custom engine. It can't at all be compared to WoW, Blizzard, or any other AAA game or company.

PoE is not a "2d" game, and if your "gaming PC" only has 2 gigabytes of RAM, I'm going to laugh at you because almost all of the "next gen" games are starting to require at least 4gb or 8gb of RAM. If your RAM is that low and old, I can't even imagine how the rest of the PC looks.

Good luck with whatever game you move to.
High standards of supporter posts in this forum continue to amaze me.

>Please fix your PC
>They are an indie company with their own built custom engine
Why are you so sure that it is he who should fix his PC but not ggg who should fix their engine?

>I've been in the software and game industry for years and you are playing a PC Game, not a console game.
Where did he say that he was playing console game?
And what does the fact that "you've been in the software and game industry for years" have to do with type of game OP is playing?
And anyway, how does the type of game relate at all to OP's post?

>and if your "gaming PC" only has 2 gigabytes of RAM
Maybe OP meant that PoE eats 2gb of ram?

>I'm going to laugh at you because almost all of the "next gen" games are starting to require at least 4gb or 8gb of RAM.
And I'm going to laugh at that sentence because PoE is nowhere near "next gen" game, and - remind you - OP was talking about PoE. (btw WoW/lineage are not nextgen too)

>If your RAM is that low and old, I can't even imagine how the rest of the PC looks.
This is just gloating. Keep up the good work!
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
It doesn't matter that your PC can handle games made 16 years ago, PoE requires a gaming performance PC. If this were a console game, it would be tailor-made to fit the hardware, but this is the PC industry, where modern games should be played on modern gaming hardware. If you don't meet the requirements, you must upgrade.

System Requirements
"

Minimum:
Processor: x86-compatible 1.4GHz or faster processor
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800 GT or ATI Radeon™ X1950 Pro or better
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 5 GB available space

I recommend an upgraded video card with a lot of shader cores/CUDA units/stream processors, since that's the likely bottleneck for the Merveil fight effects.

Radeon HD 6970 or GeForce GTX 750 Ti are very affordable right now. If OP really only has 2GB RAM, I'd think they need a whole new computer for it to even be compatible though. I'm assuming they meant PoE uses that amount of memory.
Last edited by ionface on Oct 14, 2014, 5:22:31 AM
Your right, this is no place for opinions, here done erased my "opinions",
Spoiler
fact stays people constantly complaining in party's about lag even without laggy builds...people...kick you if you use certain skills.. that's pretty bad...my friend who lives with me has a 2year old pc and lags like shit in party's/rain maps...runs all new games flawlessly tho... not only AAA tittles...indie games also.
hit me up @sarrow lets have fun :D
Last edited by Sawm on Oct 14, 2014, 6:30:50 PM
Actually 2GB of RAM is more than enough to play PoE reasonably (considering there aren't many "garbage processes" running on the background).

The truth is, the game can run quite poorly in some areas (merveil fight being one of them, dominus at the scepter of god as well, maps with rain can also have noticeable drops). Hell, even by opening the trade chat window I get a 10-15fps drop (from steady 60).
So, yes, even with PCs above the requirements there are issues which should be looked up in my opinion.
"
Sawm wrote:
People can say what they want, i have a bunch of people i know who quit 1.2 due to the fps issues alone, there still asking me if its fixed, its not, sadly having overkill pc just to run a game with a super old architecture is not reasonable, PERIOD and DOES need to be fixed.... nothing wrong in saying this, OP's pc does look a little old, but old pc's never were a problem for poe in the past, only since the person who optimized the game was lost and went elsewhere, the engine is old, and the more they add shit the more CPU it requires, and poe STILL only utilizes 1 core for most part.

"They are an indie company with their own built custom engine. It can't at all be compared to WoW, Blizzard, or any other AAA game or company."

This is only more a reason to optimize your game, all the indie games I follow get optimization every x patches EVEN IN BETA/ALPHA... no excuse here apart from GGG not hiring the right person to work on this SERIOUS issue, I know GGG has a lot of shit to worry about and work on, but performance is of a huge importance in all indie games I see being dev over the last years, they have potential, they should throw it away just because a big % the people are getting 10 fps with completely fine 1 year old pc's... you are...delusional man...

People in this forum are seeking technical support, it's not an opinion column. If you want to spread your misinformation, by all means lie to your friends, but I can't leave that here unchallenged.

Having an overkill PC isn't necessary to run this game, it runs fairly well on 4 year old hardware. The person who "optimized the game" as you say, did a few things to the engine in the month he was employed with GGG, then he went on to greener pastures. The team of coders and testers which wrote and developed the game continue to release performance patches along with the new content (read the freaking patch notes). 1.2.x actually improved graphics performance with the new trails and text rendering.

I'm not sure why you think an indie dev should somehow do the work of companies with millions of dollars on hand. GGG devs are doing a great job with what resources they have. There's always room at GGG for a C++ graphics engine expert that lives in New Zealand, if you know of any.

I have never heard of players getting 10 FPS constantly, I hope that was hyperbole, the problem would be seen on any game in that case though.
Last edited by ionface on Oct 14, 2014, 11:19:11 AM
"
HB0086 wrote:
Actually 2GB of RAM is more than enough to play PoE reasonably (considering there aren't many "garbage processes" running on the background).

The truth is, the game can run quite poorly in some areas (merveil fight being one of them, dominus at the scepter of god as well, maps with rain can also have noticeable drops). Hell, even by opening the trade chat window I get a 10-15fps drop (from steady 60).
So, yes, even with PCs above the requirements there are issues which should be looked up in my opinion.

8GB of Ram weren't enough for me after some hours, although I had NO background processes opened.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info