[Discussion] Does bloodrage give lowlife players an unfair advantage over CI/life based builds?

Most of the low-life builds aren't viable for hardcore and would take an enormous time to acquire. The game is based around hardcore even though there a greater player base in standard.
"
Madlox wrote:
Most of the low-life builds aren't viable for hardcore and would take an enormous time to acquire. The game is based around hardcore even though there a greater player base in standard.

No, it's not. That doesn't make any sense at all.

Why would they disregard balance for the majority of the population?

Seems as though I can't get any real arguments against my stance.
IGN:Vennttorr - Level 100 Witch - 1st Witch to 100.

My mirror service thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/811499

My Crit Arc build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1090691 -- Updated
I think using blood rage as low life requires you to use a very specific set of skills, as well as defining your skilltree & items, since there are some nodes you simply must take.

For example, low life blood rage is very limited for its defensive options since you cant use potions and your ES never regenerates because you are taking constant damage.

To say that one build (low life blood rage) is a lot better than many other builds could be true, but its still a build that has many downsides.
To say that all low life blood rage builds are better than CI/Life based builds doesnt really make much sense because its only a very specific build, that can not have too much variation unless you want to die, that you are talking about.
Last edited by Metronomy on Oct 16, 2014, 8:48:07 PM
"
Metronomy wrote:
I think using blood rage as low life requires you to use a very specific set of skills, as well as defining your skilltree & items, since there are some nodes you simply must take.

For example, low life blood rage is very limited for its defensive options since you cant use potions and your ES never regenerates because you are taking constant damage.

To say that one build (low life blood rage) is a lot better than many other builds could be true, but its still a build that has many downsides.
To say that all low life blood rage builds are better than CI/Life based builds doesnt really make much sense because its only a very specific build, that can not have too much variation unless you want to die, that you are talking about.

Meh, from someone who's doing one of these builds, 100% IAS is worth it.
Its not about whether or not its worth it, its about whether or not its unfair given you have to basically design your build specifically to do so. And I dont really think it is unfair.
"
Metronomy wrote:

People seem to completely disregarding my previous posts.

There's a reason why SO MANY PEOPLE USE SHAVS. The benefit from auras is really nice but the bloodrage mechanic is the reason why it's so damn OP.

Getting sick of trying to explain this logic when people blatantly ignore certain aspects.
IGN:Vennttorr - Level 100 Witch - 1st Witch to 100.

My mirror service thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/811499

My Crit Arc build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1090691 -- Updated
Shavs is one of the items required to use this skill as low life, as I pointed out I dont think its OP. Just pointing out more requirements needed that emphasise how intensely you must spec for this skill only supports what I just said.
Last edited by Metronomy on Oct 16, 2014, 9:52:19 PM
Its disturbing that people are arguing against this.

Hands down, no questions asked, low life builds are the most powerful builds in the game. A significant amount of that power comes from blood rage.

If you have an infinite budget and you want to play the best build you can possible play, you play low life with blood rage.
"just for try, for see and for know"
It seems that just like the original concept of low life BR IAS bonus is a leftover from a different time. From a design perspective I have a hunch that the IAS bonus was intended to provide a temporary dps burst if the players health is chipped down below the threshold. You know, to create those "oh shit! How did I survive that!" moments. In addition to a carrot for those who would have risked low-life without a way to make yourself immune to chaos degen of course (ie pre-Shav age).

The obvious solution would be to straight up gut the IAS value. A alternate solution would probably be a coding nightmare: elevate the BR IAS bonus to a buff status BUT put a timer on the buff that can only be reset if you cross a certain threshold. Completely hypothetical: the buff timer is 2 seconds and it can only be reset if you cross back and forth between 75% life threshold. This way low-life players could not cheese it by fine-tuning aura reservation, life regen and chaos degen to slowly alternate between the golden 35% mark to get semi-BR bonuses without heavily gutting their aura setups. Also normal players would still keep a temporary heavy dps boost for those "oh shit!" moments.
"
jdilly23 wrote:
Its disturbing that people are arguing against this.

Hands down, no questions asked, low life builds are the most powerful builds in the game. A significant amount of that power comes from blood rage.

If you have an infinite budget and you want to play the best build you can possible play, you play low life with blood rage.

most powerfull ? most powerfull what ? dps ? sure... and ? There are drawbacks vs CI, a lot less ES and no chaos immunity. There are drawbacks too against life ( the same than the one with CI ).

Is Shav balanced ? Yes, it's a chest for dps, not for tanking.. For hardcore, any CI build would be definately better.

A comment from GGG Staff "statistically wise, if you want to die in endgame, Shavronne Wrappings is the right chest in Hardcore"
IGN TylordRampage

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info