Beating Oba's Cursed Trove!

My friend dh had the new map, Oba's Cursed Trove and we ran it together. First time we missed it for a few seconds. Second time we made it! Have to focus on killing all the mob and forget the loots until your last enemy is down. Instant death once the 10 seconds countdown ends.

here's the screenshot of the 5 strongboxes, 2 gold & 3 unique boxes.
Spoiler
Last edited by Risoka on Oct 13, 2014, 9:09:53 PM
nicely done, but I don't like the concept this map.
DPS-check and running speed check or insta-die? really? that's not "unique".
Acton's Nightmare. Coward's Trial. Death And Taxes. heck even Olmec (hate that one-shot-fest) are unique.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Attempted this map too with two of my friends today - let's just say it was a hilarious failure. DPS check for sure, if this is a good thing remains in the eye of the beholder. A clearer indication of time left would be nice imo. I look forward to returing and not failing tho:)
If my post contains typos, blame my phone and my fat fingers.
Actually once the countdown starts, u can teleport back to town, if you dont want to take risk or relog since there are 10s. This map is heart pounding, have to rush through while not leaving any mob behind. I personally prefer more 'relaxing' maps though lol.
I really like this map. Like you said, just rush the guys and save looting for after you clear it. I've done it solo three times and never had any issues finishing it (even screwing up a few times and accidentally missing a guy in a corner or something and having to waste time searching after the rest of the floor was dead.)

The gemcutter's box has so far given me 4, 5 and 6% quality, has anyone gotten >10% on it? I feel like I'm just getting really unlucky but maybe it always rolls low?
Should be called "Oba's slap in the face".
This map needs 4 affixes to be truly unique:

-vulnerability
- -25%max res
-phys reflect
-ele reflect

"
All three unique strongboxes?!

Delicious!

The original unique strongboxes were Carto, Armourer and Jeweller's. It seems that the map added an unique Arcanist and Gemcutters, I wonder if you can roll them now or if it's only possible in that map.

Just wondering, is it possible to rush to the strongboxes without killing the monsters?
Last edited by archiadus on Oct 13, 2014, 6:01:54 PM
"
Batsran wrote:
I really like this map. Like you said, just rush the guys and save looting for after you clear it. I've done it solo three times and never had any issues finishing it (even screwing up a few times and accidentally missing a guy in a corner or something and having to waste time searching after the rest of the floor was dead.)

The gemcutter's box has so far given me 4, 5 and 6% quality, has anyone gotten >10% on it? I feel like I'm just getting really unlucky but maybe it always rolls low?

for that run, my friend and I get 4% only.
"
Glad it wasn't...fatal for you.

hehe thanks, managed to survive just in time. It was quite fun actually. I pressed 'z' to hide all loots while running to concentrate on killing mobs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info