Zana wants you to complete another master's mission??

I just got another mission from Zana, a daily mission that wanted me to complete another master's mission, but I have a question about these because they are ALWAYS WAY HARDER than that master's normal missions....
A few days back I got one that wanted me to complete the mission to destroy relics within the time limit, and I was in there with a friend to do this. We both do EXTREME dps, but these relics were like 10 times tougher than the normal relics that you get for that mission, so we failed it.
Then tonight, I got that mission again from her, but this time it was to defeat Vagan, and OF COURSE, he had his 2 little archers with him.
Problem is that they made him like 10 times tougher than he normally is, AND they put him in the middle of a ton of poison clouds which were ultra concentrated, so you could not follow him while he leap slams all over the screen.
WTF Grind Gear, are you TRYING to make Zana's missions impossible??
I mean her timed missions are not even worth trying because they don't give you anywhere NEAR enough time to do what you are asked to do, and her other missions are jam-packed full of the most OP monsters in the game....
It is almost as if Grind Gear didn't feel that the game was impossible enough so they come up with Zana, and added her to the game to give you an unreachable goal, and I have to ask WHY??
Maybe a coincidence? Did many "complete another masters mission" before, but didn't notice increased difficulty.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Your definition of extreme damage seems to be skewed
Not sure if this is related to your problem, but do you check and see what map mods the Zana maps have (use tab key). Also you do realize that having a party always increases the difficulty of the mission.
Maybe your best bet would be to get the missions as a solo player and once you check it out and it looks doable, then invite other players.

are you sure you are not comparing quest from Elreons daily missions with low monster lvl (~60 with lvl 6 master) with missions from maps?

btw, what does "EXTREME" dps mean? I did Zanas mission with Elreon yesterday with my mediocre dps build (lvl 76 @ lvl 70 map) and needed only half of the time limit to kill the relics
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Probably 4k on his dualstrike. That's really high!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1394759 - Suggestion for beginner tutorial.
"
Exialis wrote:

"EXTREME"
Last edited by RocketRandom on Oct 13, 2014, 1:21:47 PM
"
Exialis wrote:

NO, I do 12k with Dual Strike, and around 4k on each Flicker Strike, which also adds Enfeeble level 20 on hit. Mike does around 30k with Double Strike, and Ronnie does somewhere around 8k with Cyclone, and it still wasn't enough to take out the relics....
That is what I call Extreme dps, and yes, we were teamed up when we started the quest, but I was solo when I took the quest that wanted me to fight Vagan, and everything I said about that fight was as I stated!!
"
cortni wrote:
"
Exialis wrote:

NO, I do 12k with Dual Strike, and around 4k on each Flicker Strike, which also adds Enfeeble level 20 on hit. Mike does around 30k with Double Strike, and Ronnie does somewhere around 8k with Cyclone, and it still wasn't enough to take out the relics....
That is what I call Extreme dps, and yes, we were teamed up when we started the quest, but I was solo when I took the quest that wanted me to fight Vagan, and everything I said about that fight was as I stated!!

I'm not well-versed in double strike tooltips, but 12k dual and 4k flicker are poop-tier damage by their own standards. 8k cyclone is pretty bad too....
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
Your daily missions probably are at lower levels than the ones you get within a Zana mission map. If she gives you a 74 map, that's what level the second master will be at (or 1 more if in a separate dungeon). Plus you have map mods to contend with if the second master isn't in a separate dungeon.

What were the map mods? Did Elreon's totems get extra life or physical resistance from the map mods? What about Vagan?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info