map drop rate

Its been 2 days since I had Zana in a map.

And yes, you can waste all your map easy, just looking at my personnal experience.
Honestly it really sounds like you have some horrible horrible RNG, I have never gone more than 3 maps without at least one same level map, and certainly not to the point where I find 1 75 map in a week. I spend very little currency on my maps, under 70 they get run white, 70-74 they get a trans, and if it is something not compatible with a build, like blood magic or no regen for some builds, they get an alt. 75-77 generally will get a trans, an alch if I am feeling it, and they usuallu get chiseled. 78's I run alched and chaos'd, full quality, to get optimal quantity rolls.

I save up anything under 75 now as I collect them, and use the x3 recipe to upgrade them slowly. This alone has been more than enough to sustain me during anything resembling a dry period.

I am not one of the godly players who hit 80 in 3 days, I can't kill normal Atziri yet (although on my second run ever I made it to atziri with zero deaths just the other night!). I work a ton of hours and have a family. I do play more than probably a lot of people, a couple hours each morning and again each night, but consider myself to be a casual for sure. I have never, even pre-ambush, experienced the map drought I have read about. I almost think some people are not seeing them drop and they move on to the next map with 1-2 even level or +1/2's laying on the ground.
I guess thats just RNG slapping my ass.
I pick up all maps. ALL, even 66s. I use the lower ones (mainly 66s and 67s) for the chisel recipe, while trading up 68s and above at the vendor. I only stop trading them up at 73 or 74, depending on my 75+ map pool, sometimes during really bad dry spells I'm forced to run 73s to replenish 74s and 75s.

My longest dry spell was 30 or so 75+ maps that dropped a 74 Gorge, and nothing else above 70. I ran into Zana in that Gorge, she sent me to a 76 mission, ran into a Carto there with decent affixes and suddenly I was back sustaining 76+ comfortably. Unless you are always fed the short end of it, RNG can help you, too.

Also, there are times when you run 100+ qty maps and get not a single map out of it, while running a mirrored white map nets you 5 equal-or-higher maps.
Last edited by consca on Oct 13, 2014, 11:23:52 PM
maybe you should start playing real builds that can run real map mods instead of pussying around at 20 quantity maps with pack size
Beyond league.
Carto boxes , 78 maps, zana are added and you guys are still whining lolled
"
maybe you should start playing real builds that can run real map mods instead of pussying around at 20 quantity maps with pack size

Thanks for your comment. That helped a lot and everything is clear now.

"
Xtermination wrote:
Carto boxes , 78 maps, zana are added and you guys are still whining lolled

Another helpful one, thanks for the news.
This type of topic will keep popping up until GGG makes it so you literally cannot run out of 78's even if you run them white.

anything is everything
"
This type of topic will keep popping up until GGG makes it so you literally cannot run out of 78's even if you run them white.

I'd like to think their message that level 100 is not end game may eventually soak in. It won't matter though. Even if 78 maps were sustainable, people would bitch that vaal orb does not guarantee 79 map frequent enough or palace drops too much or.....[insert gripe here].

Hopefully they read these threads and weight it appropriately.
Leveling when mapping is way easier than before. We used to have small maps that we had to Maze etc. It was not something crazy to exalt a map once in a while with your map group, and rolling maps with a not-full party made you spend all your chaos in one good night of mapping. Now, maps are larger, you don't have to chaos spam it and you don't need a dedicated map group to run them if you don't want to be broke on currencies. Zana and Carto's are also free maps.
IGN : @Morgoth

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info