map drop rate

"
Propel2233 wrote:
the 77-78 core map content lvling should not be SOOOOOOOOOO rng based, maps should never be an issue, i run out of MAPS so often i am stuck doing 76 maps that almost never give a return, the core content of the game- LVLING should not be so difficult to obtain, i shouldnt have to spent 15c each time i need a map because im not getting any to drop i bought 15 maps lv 78, ended up with 3 return, and then got 0 back, i love this game and everything about it besides the desync, and the core content end game RNG map returns what is the point of making lvling content so hard to obtain? it's beyond [Removed by Support]

If you want more maps , just buy some . Droprate might be bad but the market is there to use .
a
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Never found one. Never found an exalt either.

Thats what you guys dont consider. RNG. Gated contents bullshit.

If I didnt trade I bet highest map I'd ever do is about 73 till i ran out.

Hey Aim_Deep, FWIW, I'm a solo only player and have never bought a single map. My experience is that even just rolling maps with Alts and tagging on the free Zana bonus, I'm able to sustain 74s easily (75+ with Alchs) without Carto boxes. I'm not rich though, so I run 77s/78s as and when they drop, instead of attempting to chain them 24/7.

Full clearing Zana daily map as well as "wild" Haku missions also help tremendously, as Chundra stated.

Of course if RNG doesn't work out in your favour then you're fucked, there was this one time I ran 30 or so 75+ maps and got 1 x 74 out of it, the rest were 71 and below. I then ran my 74 pool and managed to bounce back up to sustaining 75s and 76s, though. Dry spells can be overcome with large enough buffer pools (:
Personally I found Amubush to be far too easy to sustain maps, the slightly nerfed carto boxes now are still a bit over the top, but I am not complaining. The only reason I lost my 77-78 pool is I stopped using currency to roll maps and started saving to buy my 6 link, then used my last high level maps as currency to finish the purchase. A well rolled 76 map always gives me at least another 76, and usually a 77 or 78. When I run a map session I generally grab one map from my stash, either a 75 or 76, and run until I need to log off of chaining that one map and never end up below a 76 for the session.

"
consca wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Never found one. Never found an exalt either.

Thats what you guys dont consider. RNG. Gated contents bullshit.

If I didnt trade I bet highest map I'd ever do is about 73 till i ran out.

Hey Aim_Deep, FWIW, I'm a solo only player and have never bought a single map. My experience is that even just rolling maps with Alts and tagging on the free Zana bonus, I'm able to sustain 74s easily (75+ with Alchs) without Carto boxes. I'm not rich though, so I run 77s/78s as and when they drop, instead of attempting to chain them 24/7.

Full clearing Zana daily map as well as "wild" Haku missions also help tremendously, as Chundra stated.

Of course if RNG doesn't work out in your favour then you're fucked, there was this one time I ran 30 or so 75+ maps and got 1 x 74 out of it, the rest were 71 and below. I then ran my 74 pool and managed to bounce back up to sustaining 75s and 76s, though. Dry spells can be overcome with large enough buffer pools (:

I do more than alt them. I buy like 10 77 maps 2-4 chisel them then alc them sometimes chaos them to get them over 75% and run them. Invariably run out. It sucks. Happens every character too. I peter out about lvl 88-89. (no sense in running 70-72s for no exp)

Maybe I just have bad RNG ever think of that? Took me 700 jews to 6s something 400 fuse to 5L. it's my luck or lack of it.

This is why I like trade. Trade can fix bad RNG. Even in d3 i had like 100K elite kills 2m kills and besides finding #3 witching hour on server i found nothing. I traded my way to GG.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Oct 12, 2014, 11:48:11 PM
i get that people can sustain 74-75 i have more of those then anyone could ever need. im talking end game high lv 78 maps
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Maybe I just have bad RNG ever think of that? Took me 700 jews to 6s something 400 fuse to 5L. it's my luck or lack of it.

This is why I like trade. Trade can fix bad RNG. Even in d3 i had like 100K elite kills 2m kills and besides finding #3 witching hour on server i found nothing. I traded my way to GG.

Yeah, you were talking about running out at 73s, so I was merely pointing out that I never came across that problem with simply alts. Obviously 77s/78s take a lot more effort to maintain. I personally 4-chisel all 77+ maps and alch/chaos them until I get at least one of packsize/magic/rare mods as well as >70 qty. Still leads to dry spells, of course.

"
Propel2233 wrote:
i get that people can sustain 74-75 i have more of those then anyone could ever need. im talking end game high lv 78 maps

If you have more of those than anyone could ever need, as most of us do with little effort, why don't you sell them to fund your 78s? Or will nothing appease you until you can run a 78 and get at least a 78 out of it?
"
Propel2233 wrote:
the 77-78 core map content lvling should not be SOOOOOOOOOO rng based, maps should never be an issue, i run out of MAPS so often i am stuck doing 76 maps that almost never give a return, the core content of the game- LVLING should not be so difficult to obtain, i shouldnt have to spent 15c each time i need a map because im not getting any to drop i bought 15 maps lv 78, ended up with 3 return, and then got 0 back, i love this game and everything about it besides the desync, and the core content end game RNG map returns what is the point of making lvling content so hard to obtain? it's beyond [Removed by Support]

Wow that's the first time a thread like that is created in these forums.NOT
Learn to roll your maps
Have magic find on your gear
Stop complaining
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

Aristotle
"
Propel2233 wrote:

Sustaining pure 78 is just going to take trading.

The trick to doing that is to build up a huge base from 76s but I'm guessing you have zero interest in that xD Just trade the maps up =)
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Oct 13, 2014, 5:35:36 AM
lvl 91 stuck doing 74~76s because maps never drop. It really sucks unless you buy maps from others.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info