Remove the bottom tier of uniques from guaranteed unique scenarios

"
jdilly23 wrote:
No one needs another

They make something that should be exciting and sought after incredibly underwhelming and disappointing.

They are rare enough that getting items that you wont immediately wont ruin the precious economy or take away from anything.

Discuss? Do you think this would be a bad idea? Do you like seeing inner treasure and finding your 7th kaoms sign?

I've always thought that the quality of a unique drop should be in direct proportion to your character level. So as we level up the chance of a higher quality drop goes up and the chance of a lower leveling unique goes down. The frequency of unique drops won't change but when the RNG gods do favor us with a unique drop then our character level should factor into the quality of that drop. Probably would want to take a percentage of the character level, say 50%. So by level 50 we should get a 25% better chance to get a level 50 unique all the way down to a 1% chance to get a level 2 unique. By level 80 we get a 40% better chance of getting a level 68 unique (or whatever the max itemlevel of a unique is). This way the RNG is tilted in our favor of getting a better unique at the higher levels. The OP is right, we don't want to get excited when we get a unique drop only to see another low leveling unique that is trash for our 68+ endgame characters. We already have enough leveling gear for new builds and with only 3 months per league now we have less time to play a new build anyway. GGG seriously needs to rethink this and make changes for the players benefit (and not just the top 1% elite no-lifers) and stop with the over-protective position of their "precious" economy.

Hey GGG, what you are doing now isn't working for most of us (the 99%).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Okay first Tier aka Tier 1 got removed. No more Kaoms, Shav, Soultaker.....
i love getting uniques i dont need and doing the vendor recipe for 5 chance turning them into scouring's then regrets its easy currency. if u dont vendor recipe low end unique's you are playing wrong. silly noobs
got to be good looking because im so hard too see.
Last edited by koez on Oct 12, 2014, 10:29:43 AM
"
Iluvatar_gr wrote:
"
jdilly23 wrote:
No one needs another

They make something that should be exciting and sought after incredibly underwhelming and disappointing.

They are rare enough that getting items that you wont immediately wont ruin the precious economy or take away from anything.

Discuss? Do you think this would be a bad idea? Do you like seeing inner treasure and finding your 7th kaoms sign?

i would personally rather remove players like you from this game. I f you like good uniques that have 100% chance to eventually drop just try D3. I'm sure you'll love it

Yeah if you don't like chasing a carrot on a stick for eternity and would actually like to find upgrades for your gear in a game that is about finding upgrade for your gear, you are clearly playing the wrong game. Everyone knows if something is super time consuming it is also automatically super difficult. Hardcore gamers for life bro.
just remove t1 uniques from dominus so disappointing to kill domnius and he drops a fucking hrimsorrow gloves... but I guess then Manocean would be rolling in the uniques since he runs 4 cliens at once such bs ;/ dnt see why that's allowed he even streams it on frontpage of website lol
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
"
Iluvatar_gr wrote:

i would personally rather remove players like you from this game. I f you like good uniques that have 100% chance to eventually drop just try D3. I'm sure you'll love it

D3 uses the same system for tiered uniques (legendaries) as POE, except that you can't trade so you're never guaranteed to see the rarer ones no matter how much you grind. In POE you can get anything and everything if you amass the currency required to buy it.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
I've had 2 coils from inner treasure mobs. Quite OK. I will NEVER feel intitled to more, no matter how many 1000 inner treasure mobs I come across.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
imo level 1-50 req lv uniques shouldnt drop in merci at all, but this game just lack trashy uniques at higher levels like d2 had so its not going to happend anytime soon.
"
jdilly23 wrote:
A unique sink would be fun.

Could have a crafting bench that destroys uniques and stores resin/dust/some other stuffs

When it gets to a certain amount of the stuffs you can craft an entirely random unique. (Again, remove the garbage vendor tier)

Someones never played RoS
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
I would be more happy with a nerf to the lower tiers rate on which they drop, no need for buffs at all after that. At least we then wont feel the dissapointment every few hours again and again and the proportion between rare uniques and common uniques would be more like 1:50 instead of 1:200.

Another bonus would be that some of these common uniques might actually be sellable in the next leagues.

Regarding inner treasure i have found it to drop better things than singualarity, for me at least.
"Axe bad! Fix please!"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info