Item Hell: Ground Density & Stash Sorting

Even for a mostly solo player like myself, this issue really starts to get to me.

Some of the loot explosions, like strongboxes, have probably added a fair share to the problem, along with the timed (Mostly Zana) missions, requiring you to forego all looting until the very end so you won't waste time.

To be honest, dealing with this problem by lowering the quantity seems somewhat against the developers' vision of the game, so adding filters for loot drops seems to be the best option, at least as an initial step in the right direction.

We could also add some more color-coded items, such as making rainbow (green-red-blue linked items), 6 socketed, 5/6 linked and highest tier items have different names, this could also be used to make the game more newbie-friendly, giving the less experienced players some indication that these items are more valuable than the general trash.

There's another issue that, for whatever reason, wasn't brought up: ITEM DROPS DISPLAYED ON TOP OF MOBS!
Why the hell is this? Every time I'm next to a Strongbox I need to turn off item display so I could actually SEE the monsters trying to mercilessly slaughter me, for the love of god, please make monsters take priority on the display layers!
Rampage league

IGN: MadMalkodet
-quantity on maps (which doubles!!! the clutter easily)
-quantity/rarity from group (which is nowadays mostly abused with aurapartybots)

Both together don´t fit. Choose one.
Need a scalpel ? Here, have one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
"
Teroof wrote:
Even for a mostly solo player like myself, this issue really starts to get to me.

Some of the loot explosions, like strongboxes, have probably added a fair share to the problem, along with the timed (Mostly Zana) missions, requiring you to forego all looting until the very end so you won't waste time.

To be honest, dealing with this problem by lowering the quantity seems somewhat against the developers' vision of the game, so adding filters for loot drops seems to be the best option, at least as an initial step in the right direction.

We could also add some more color-coded items, such as making rainbow (green-red-blue linked items), 6 socketed, 5/6 linked and highest tier items have different names, this could also be used to make the game more newbie-friendly, giving the less experienced players some indication that these items are more valuable than the general trash.

There's another issue that, for whatever reason, wasn't brought up: ITEM DROPS DISPLAYED ON TOP OF MOBS!
Why the hell is this? Every time I'm next to a Strongbox I need to turn off item display so I could actually SEE the monsters trying to mercilessly slaughter me, for the love of god, please make monsters take priority on the display layers!

Thank you guys for chiming in and supporting me (especially Teroof--you have brought up some great ideas and other issues that need to be addressed). I thought I was one of the few that actually was not enjoying gameplay any more because of these disorganizational issues, it's nice to see that I'm not alone.

Fingers crossed in hopes of seeing a cleaner and more organized Wreaclast in the near future.
Last edited by fwost on Oct 13, 2014, 3:12:21 AM
"
fwost wrote:
Fingers crossed in hopes of seeing a cleaner and more organized Wreaclast in the near future.
Wait till act10 is out... maybe after that GGG will find some spare time for such "nsignificant" issues.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
A bump is in order
Rampage league

IGN: MadMalkodet
fist BUMP
Bump.

Now to day dream of an organized stash and the ability to see the ground while in the heat of battle in Wraeclast.

Love the loot filter idea. It would have to be a HUGE radio box with hundreds of options to be done properly, I don't want to miss all whites for example when I'm hunting for a specific crafting item. The option to turn off everything and then go through a list and turn on what I want to see would be a personal preference.
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
bump

What about an option (if possible) to toggle off text for lower level non-rare/unique items (and lower level flasks!)? Seems to me the only people that would want to see these drops are those looking for items for vendor recipes or who have a lower attribute than required for the higher level item. Maybe some others looking for items with a specific 'implied' mod.

I would also like to see an option to change the text colour or appearance (eg underlining like maps) of certain items, for example 6S items, orbs not available from NPC vendora, items with quality.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info