In-depth stun mechanics questions

Hi. Two questions on stun that I can't find an answer to.

1. I'm wondering if the effective stun threshold reduction value (the final number you get after applying the diminishing returns formula to sheet value of stun threshold reduction) is rounded internally?

For instance, to achieve 93% ESTR value you need 140% reduced enemy stun threshold, but for 94% you need 155%. What ESTR value would I get for, say, 147%? Is it 93% flat or 93.56%?

2. Warlord's Mark reads: "Cursed enemies have x% reduced Block and Stun Recovery". Does this stack additively or multiplicatively with stun duration on enemies?

I'm asking because this duration/recovery situation appears very similar to "increased damage dealt" stacking multiplicatively with "increased damage taken".

Would appreciate an informed answer. Thanks!
<Tyrfalger> Exactly, the next act is going outside Sarn and into those wheat fields (see the map) to become a farmer. Then we can spend our days endlessly farming. Wait a minute...
Trying for a dedicated stunner again? :)

1. Hard to say, I *think* it gets rounded.

2. It's multiplicative, that's a similar interaction to 'ignite duration' and 'enemies burn faster'.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Oct 9, 2014, 12:56:50 PM
Yeah, I've already changed the build significantly upon a closer look on all the math involved, and am preparing somewhat of a write-up on stuns as a crowd-control mechanic.

Still need confirmation for rounding. Summoning Mark_GGG!
<Tyrfalger> Exactly, the next act is going outside Sarn and into those wheat fields (see the map) to become a farmer. Then we can spend our days endlessly farming. Wait a minute...
I just remembered something.

There was some talk about shock and rounding, you know how you need to do 1,09% of target health to get minimum length shock, with no shock duration bonuses of course. Anyway, it turned out that due to rounding you needed to do over 2% of target health to trigger shock because anything between 1% and 2% got rounded to 1%.

Well, Mark acknowledged that and a few patches before forsaken masters it was fixed. So, I'd like to revise my opinion, we know they fixed shock but I think it's very likely that the part of function that compares damage and target life got redone so the fix took care of any effect that uses it, stun, freeze, chill...
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Oct 9, 2014, 5:54:26 PM
Interesting, I didn't know that. Thanks!

Also, this is just for the peace of mind: WM's stun chance bonus is additive in the same way Assassin's Mark crit chance bonus is, correct? So if the minimum damage I'm doing can provide 90% stun chance then a 10% extra stun chance from WM's will result in a bullet-proof stunlock, correct?
Last edited by moozooh on Oct 9, 2014, 6:00:55 PM
yes, similar to how phys reduction from end charges or crit from assasins mark work. But dont forget about curse effect reduction on bosses
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Oct 9, 2014, 6:38:11 PM
Very good point. Thanks for reminding me.

I expect the stun chance is always rounded down then; i.e. 14% added chance when WM is used on a map boss turns to 5% flat rather than 5.6% or 6%, right? (Holy crap this is borderline useless!)
Last edited by moozooh on Oct 9, 2014, 7:13:31 PM
"
moozooh wrote:
(Holy crap this is borderline useless!)

Kinda!
Stun chance is rounded down, as per usual. You can tell by Warlord's Mark progression, it always jumps by a whole percent.
Not an expert here, but right now I'm playing a 2H melee Marauder with Marohi, and seems to me that Temp Chains is the best curse to help with stun, better than WM imo - haven't done high lvl maps yet though...
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
"
Wazz72 wrote:
Not an expert here, but right now I'm playing a 2H melee Marauder with Marohi, and seems to me that Temp Chains is the best curse to help with stun, better than WM imo - haven't done high lvl maps yet though...

it depends on your attack speed. Marohi is slow and has high damage per hit, which means it has naturally higher chance to stun and needs more stun duration than say 1.2 aps rare mace
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info