Calling all RF people ! Need Help

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Awfeel wrote:
The gear of the streamer has no regen other than 4 on ring, 1 on gloves, and 6 on the Rise of the Phoenix shield.
I'll be updating my post in a second with the maths based on Raiz2's current build, but this is actually the kicker - it looks like if you took that ring away, he couldn't pull it off any more - the total life regen (including the flat regen) exceeds the burning by slightly less than 4 life per second - cutting it really fine there.

EDIT: Thanks for posting, Cadet_Pedro, I'll run your numbers as well and see what comes out - hopefully this helps us work out the best way for you to change things so you beat the degen.

I have changed the gear on the character a while ago and am no longer using the life regeneration ring and i am still regening about 0,2 life per second :( Thanks for providing all this information by the way, really helpful because i never took the time to look into it. I did not think that degening that slight amount would ever bother people considering the ruby flask/leech. You cant afk in maps but thats about it :P
IGN - RaizQT
Great info Mark!
Would I degen more life when I'm using Pyre and some rings with +%fire dmg?
IGN:TheBlessedTurtle
No, the wiki for Righteous Fire covers that if you want to check it out for more details.
"
Raiz2 wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Awfeel wrote:
The gear of the streamer has no regen other than 4 on ring, 1 on gloves, and 6 on the Rise of the Phoenix shield.
I'll be updating my post in a second with the maths based on Raiz2's current build, but this is actually the kicker - it looks like if you took that ring away, he couldn't pull it off any more - the total life regen (including the flat regen) exceeds the burning by slightly less than 4 life per second - cutting it really fine there.

EDIT: Thanks for posting, Cadet_Pedro, I'll run your numbers as well and see what comes out - hopefully this helps us work out the best way for you to change things so you beat the degen.

I have changed the gear on the character a while ago and am no longer using the life regeneration ring and i am still regening about 0,2 life per second :( Thanks for providing all this information by the way, really helpful because i never took the time to look into it. I did not think that degening that slight amount would ever bother people considering the ruby flask/leech. You cant afk in maps but thats about it :P
Mark2 looked into your current character for me, and while you no longer have the ring that was linked in the guide, you've now got different boots with 5 flat life regen per second, which covers the difference.

Thanks for sharing your build with the community - I think it's quite cool that people can pull things off this close to the edge between regen/degen, and you've certainly shown sustained RF isn't completely dead.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Oct 9, 2014, 7:39:17 PM
Mark, any chance you can enlighten us on how far RF degen values get rounded?

Ex:
1001 life, 0 es = 900.9, 900, or 901 base degen?
Then, with 91% fire resistance, assuming 900.9 is used: 75.081, 75.08, 75.1, or 75?
Last edited by bullgaria on Oct 10, 2014, 3:59:12 PM
He's already covered that in this post, under the 'Rounding' header :P
"
Vipermagi wrote:
He's already covered that in this post, under the 'Rounding' header :P

Ah, thank you for pointing that out, I hadn't noticed.

To recap what I'm understanding from that post:
1) Degen is not rounded at all.
2) %Regen per sec needs to be multiplied by the health/es pool it's regening, have flat regen added, multiplied by 60, rounded, divided by 60, and then finally divided by the healt/es pool...to get the actual %regen/sec value.
Last edited by bullgaria on Oct 11, 2014, 2:33:09 AM
Mark,

Just read through this thread, a lot of good information. Noticed that the OP did not even say thank you after you clearly went out of your way to help him. Just demand after demand, no gratitude. Just wanted to thank you on behalf of the community. Kids (hopefully he his a kid) these days...
Apart from the Phoenix shield, you need some life regen on other items too in order to run RF without degenning.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info