Prices on map mods in the map device are completely bonkers

Let's make a deal, you give me orbs to run 10 maps with legacy, and I'll give you all unique items that ever drop there for me.
Let the cost be divided by the number of players in group. For 1 man group the 6 chaos will be just 1 chaos -> affordable.

Since this would be exploitable - open as 1 man, then let 5 people join in. Add some check-box to the mod which when checked will lower the costs to be per player, but only open the number of portals as is the number of people currently in the group. That prevents any exploitability.
MY CHALLENGES ARE DONE ON HC, IT'S NOT SC GUYS!
"
Derpey wrote:
One day I should teach people my secret about abusing the shit out of Zana's map device.

All prices are fine, you get access to potential LEGACY ITEMS, that could only be dropped in that league, IMO price have to go up if anything.

Except this example ONLY applies to Onslaught. And as has been said, Onslaught already has a cost that is justified on 76+ maps for the additional map drop potential it provides. The ability to get Onslaught uniques like Volls is a nice added bonus on top of what is already a good map mod for a decent price.

It's all the other mods that are a problem. And no, I don't believe that Domination doubles the XP in a map. Video or it didn't happen (you can't just look at the stated % xp on the bar - that's too imprecise at 92+ - you have to actually count the XP you get).

Come back when you can link a Headhunter or Taming in a temp league. The potential for legacy drops does not in any way justify the cost of the mods. If you think otherwise, I'll also offer to run legacy mod maps for you (other than Onslaught) and you can have all the legacy uniques I find. Hell, I'll even do it with my 100 IIQ / 400 IIR character and stream it.

But at current prices, you'd better be prepared to spend hundreds of exalts rolling legacy map mods to get a particular legacy unique.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Oct 7, 2014, 8:13:16 AM
can voll's devotion drop in the onslaught mod through zana or does it need to be anarchy... or do both work?
"
blubbber wrote:
can voll's devotion drop in the onslaught mod through zana or does it need to be anarchy... or do both work?

I found one in an Onslaught map so it definitely works there. AFAIK nobody runs Anarchy maps for the reason in this topic - overpriced.
cheers for confirming that! that was my thought, I am happy to spend 6 chaos on a map if it means I have a chance of getting voll's devotion, 16 chaos per map is out of my league
even 6 chaos is too much for those mods
"Path of nurfs" - LVL 100 + LVL 100 + LVL 100 ENDGAME REAVER
"1.3.0 Path of nurfs 3. expansion"
Shops: 1031762,774343,883462,371756,1091096,1099789,1260674
Reaver Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/velo1337/videos
"
delray wrote:
At the same time, we've had enough of "we've had enough of" comments, I think. 3/4 of this forum is "I don't want to read what you people think but still come here every day just to tell you about it".

Gonna steal that for my signature if you don't mind xD
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!
"
danisonxtc wrote:
even 6 chaos is too much for those mods

It's definitely worth it on 77 and 78 maps, and IMO it's also worth it on 76 maps although that's because I don't like to buy maps. Not worth it below that unless you are unwilling to purchase maps and want a fast way to build up to 76+ solo.
Last edited by tackle70 on Oct 7, 2014, 9:21:46 AM
It seems prices are balanced for permanent leagues

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info