crit 2h sword build review

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAmSu9gUd-FFJlTYTZbmm-p9JNwA_V7WqTtkFOKluvKaXgld0Nn4Is6fzFVugVIFb6Z6AqTXfXh3Y_J3SgfytKfUrIWHUwfG6qBiCNfVFHtfIj9udUjb81kk2SJP0Ftdi9_97C7NQj_gq0xTBxtz5irN2oxq6dqmyMS3g8LTY9OkLE9m1s7LAn7Q-rtUiMC_xLrKoZLha_8-q5fGwWWfPyWja6JpUqC4cZwBqvovKcYeJwUhb5EPBul1VLiDgSvPe-nYo=

planning on running both determination+grace, thinking here goes, determination will counter the loss of armor from acrobatics and grace itself is a large armor boost with ir. so i'll have solid armor but wont eat every hit, and have solid protection against phys reflect.

this build is meant for beyond.

thoughts? opinions?
twitch.tv/jfpforever
you should think hard about whether you really want crit.

that's a lot of points you could spend on life and damage instead.

and crit without crit multiplier is most definitely not worth it, so if you do go crit make sure you have a plan to get enough crit multiplier.

"The Crusader"

A build I made and abandoned a few weeks ago. Its designed for softcore, but there are plenty dps nodes to drop in favour of life and the abyssus dropped for rats nest.

The limitation on 2h sword builds is zero block chance. Most builds have at least 30% block, so a 2h sword build will receive at least 30% more physical damage than any build with block.

I hope this helps in your build
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
"
you should think hard about whether you really want crit.

that's a lot of points you could spend on life and damage instead.

if you dont go crit then 2h sword's become redundant,if your not critting you may as well take RT at which point you may as well go axe's. your sentiment is not lost on me however, it's something ggg has long needed to fix.

"
The limitation on 2h sword builds is zero block chance. Most builds have at least 30% block, so a 2h sword build will receive at least 30% more physical damage than any build with block.

i outlined a strategy to circumvent that very issue, it's baked into the build
twitch.tv/jfpforever
yep. i would very much like to run crit on my sword build, but...

i'm going with long uptime IC. so that's 6 increased duration nodes.

there are really 8 nodes you need for crit, minimum.

realistically i have to give up damage to get those, giving up life is just not an option.

then it becomes pure math. i've done the math and because your crit chance is relatively low unless you are over 300% mult you are better off with the damage.

when you start looking at what it takes to get 300% mult it just doesn't seem worth it.

you have 80% mult from the tree (and you have taken 14 crit nodes!), so 1.8x1.5 = 270% mult.

Then whatever you can get on gear.

I'm unconvinced it's worth it. Having said that, i'm going to respec into crit just for fun and see how it works out. I saved a stack of regrets to do it :-)

btw, i think the build looks good. other than the crit thing, you've balanced offense and defense quite well. i like your sneaky idea to mitigate acrobatics with determination. now you are using blood magic, right ?, so you've lost even more damage because you've lost a skill gem spot. you pretty much have to have crit at that point.

i would think for beyond you would want to look into the idea of giving an effort to maybe get 1 or 2 extra endurance charges and getting something decent in terms of IC uptime.

good luck !

"
i like your sneaky idea to mitigate acrobatics with determination. now you are using blood magic, right ?, so you've lost even more damage because you've lost a skill gem spot

which brings up another damage losing issue, lack of hatred and or hos,and hatred is a massive dps increase.

it did get me wondering however about a super high ias eom chaos dmg build.
twitch.tv/jfpforever
I've been thinking about how to make this kind of build work, and here's what I came up with.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAmSubLb2BR34UUmVNhNluaamUxLi-p5Bs1fiHamEhhO8S4XTteu9gSwUtQKAhYO9OdPFhUhjbhmAbquSxW686UojtQ-fA890N4JUOPG1KOd189ZAK_MWfghRxgTqKIlb6Z6BW6KcwwKZ314d2ns0UIHSgSn3SIVBHBqJYdVcNGJEX3AYgkc7ZYalzGS45DiftNrr8S6yq8pxsFlnzM4fyWm6XhxnAGh2-r6L3vhb5kFUD7hDwiDinhBK8nYoaOOw4Otgt0ny7xYrwH6IAFE0Es6logzjvfA==

We're gonna need to use 7x End Charges / Immortal Call / Vaal Immortal Call as defensive tools.
"
We're gonna need to use 7x End Charges / Immortal Call / Vaal Immortal Call as defensive tools.

wouldnt you want exceptional performance as well?
twitch.tv/jfpforever
"
jfpforever wrote:
"

wouldnt you want exceptional performance as well?

We would, but it takes too many points to get there :(
Well i've been saving my regrets waiting for enough uptime on IC that I could do this.
And just for the record, I was going to do this _before_ hege's crit staff/IC uptime build :-)

my next 4 points will take me to the heartseeker cluster

my IC uptime is currently 9.5s. my IC is only level 17! so there's a lot of room for improvement. I'm using daresso's defiance to help generate endurance charges and that's working quite well.

i'm going all in, all in i tell you.

Spoiler

yeah. min damage and 1 off the max crit mult roll. friend of mine got that as a drop and can't use it, so it found it's way to me :-)

no effect on elemental damage, but you damn well better have IC up if you are going to use that beast.

I have to try. abyssus adds 10k dps to my build now.

I expect it to be an utter failure. why ? not because it won't work, it absolutely will. It's just that I suck at this game. I'm never going to be able to keep IC up. I'm going to forget or get flustered and fat finger a key, and it will be all over.

meanwhile, without abyssus ? Probably not worth it. my dps is slightly _less_ than before even though I have a 24% chance to crit.

one important caveat. ass mark. 3 power charges and the 35% more multiplier on crit damage should be a very significant difference. might be that it tips the balance in favor of crit. the other very significant difference would be a quality increased critical damage gem. i just started leveling one, so between those two things, might just be worthwhile even without abyssus.

i'll report back and let you know how it works out :-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info