Boss Rush races for Season 9

"
Kheffin wrote:
Since we're still in speculation, how would people here score boss rushes for the "casual" racer? You can't make the league last forever, but you also don't want to keep the league excessively long (eg 4 hours) just so that people can kill Vaal.

I was actually really interested in this being a race, but the scoring for non-toptier racers actually sounds pretty hard if it's a single boss rush. Giving points for every boss kill in a time period would be the easiest solution in my opinion, but they were talking about scoring based off time in the announcements recently.

If I had to guess:

-Pts for taking out the boss within bracketed times
-Pts for ranking highly in kill time within class

Maybe:

-Pts for taking out bosses (similar to Descent Champs) along the way (eg Brutus kill in Vaal race)
-Pts for leveling within brackets (unlikely)

Did a practice run on Ranger for Dominus

Had a bad run, and yet the splits speak for themselves.

Major fail in act 1. Pretty good A2. Alright Act 3, lost time in Solaris 2. Still got 1:55:31 Dominus.

Missed my split on sewer + piety.

Also did a Shadow practice run that failed really bad.
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
Last edited by TheuberClips on Oct 17, 2014, 1:10:02 PM
looks like cleave might at least be a viable option for 1hrs

I don't even know why I'm hung up on cleave. I'm neither good at it nor like it... Guess I just wanted something to replace ST already.
"
boof wrote:

I don't even know why I'm hung up on cleave. I'm neither good at it nor like it... Guess I just wanted something to replace ST already.

I have thought about this a lot as well. With fire trap it might be enough to compete. I just think with a crafted weapon it wont be able to farm as fast.
"
terrex wrote:
"
boof wrote:

I have thought about this a lot as well. With fire trap it might be enough to compete. I just think with a crafted weapon it wont be able to farm as fast.

For Shadow, I have found that going Firetrap/Lightning Trap with Bear Trap in there for good measure is the fastest for getting to Catacombs and farming. Consistent 24s with some low 25s depending on wand color from vendor RNG. With an early Green/Green wand for +1 fire and movespeed boots, 25 pretty locked in. No real reliance on RNG outside of the wand. Really only need 1 Whetstone for Chain Belt recipe for offhand wand.

If anyone is having an easier time on Shadow with some Cleave/Fire Trap combo, I'd like to hear the method to your madness. For Duelist, I have no clue how good Cleave would work out. Can't see how it would beat Leap Slam though.

"
TheuberClips wrote:

Major fail in act 1. Pretty good A2. Alright Act 3, lost time in Solaris 2. Still got 1:55:31 Dominus.

Ran Shadow Fire Trap/Flameblast/Freeze Pulse in a Dom Rush with splits this time. The mule split is too high as I didn't hit the split timer until I was already in Lioneye's with the main character.

Had some pretty terrible splits up until Act 3 where everything went pretty smoothly. No movespeed boots until 15% found a little after Weaver. Found a second QS Flask as well. Found a GGB Wand for Firetrap/Flameblast/Added Cold with +1 Fire Gems so that helped with Dom/Piety kills quite a bit.

Have to say that Freezepulse/LMP is pretty solid to have linked up. Tend to grab a high implicit BG Quartz wand for Chain Belt recipe for those links.

1st Phase Dom was killed Flameblast/Fire Trap and 2nd Phase Dom was killed Molten at level 30.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with Shadow rushing. The first 30 nodes are just so damn efficient for damage and survival.

"
Cataract wrote:
"
terrex wrote:
"
boof wrote:

For Shadow, I have found that going Firetrap/Lightning Trap with Bear Trap in there for good measure is the fastest for getting to Catacombs and farming. Consistent 24s with some low 25s depending on wand color from vendor RNG. With an early Green/Green wand for +1 fire and movespeed boots, 25 pretty locked in. No real reliance on RNG outside of the wand. Really only need 1 Whetstone for Chain Belt recipe for offhand wand.

If anyone is having an easier time on Shadow with some Cleave/Fire Trap combo, I'd like to hear the method to your madness. For Duelist, I have no clue how good Cleave would work out. Can't see how it would beat Leap Slam though.

"
TheuberClips wrote:

Ran Shadow Fire Trap/Flameblast/Freeze Pulse in a Dom Rush with splits this time. The mule split is too high as I didn't hit the split timer until I was already in Lioneye's with the main character.

Had some pretty terrible splits up until Act 3 where everything went pretty smoothly. No movespeed boots until 15% found a little after Weaver. Found a second QS Flask as well. Found a GGB Wand for Firetrap/Flameblast/Added Cold with +1 Fire Gems so that helped with Dom/Piety kills quite a bit.

Have to say that Freezepulse/LMP is pretty solid to have linked up. Tend to grab a high implicit BG Quartz wand for Chain Belt recipe for those links.

1st Phase Dom was killed Flameblast/Fire Trap and 2nd Phase Dom was killed Molten at level 30.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with Shadow rushing. The first 30 nodes are just so damn efficient for damage and survival.

What is that timer application?
most people use WSplit
download at : http://www.speedrunslive.com/tools/
I thought the 4hour piety kill race was a in cruel but considering we get one hour for brutus I expect it to be normal
"
Pam wrote:
I thought the 4hour piety kill race was a in cruel but considering we get one hour for brutus I expect it to be normal

wonder if these races are bugged and you can rush brutus 4 times for points
"
janimauk wrote:
"
Pam wrote:

wonder if these races are bugged and you can rush brutus 4 times for points

im thinking you will be able to do do it as many times as you can in 1 hour and your best time sticks?

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info