i'll never buy anything from GGG because...

"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
sir i call you a LAIR!!!!!!

Lair? Hmmm, it's some new idiom?

BTW I also play something around it, played D2 few years, but only offline. Don't remember any desyncs :)
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Hey GGG I'll gladly give you $1000 if you can make me understand quantum mechanics until then I'll just keep blindly comparing d2 to poe which had fewer accuracy dodge evasion type mechanics.

Hown does one learn anything when the mouth is always open?
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
Because in the past I supported them when they added cool stuff. Very soon after they needed the shit out of said cool stuff. After several iterations of this I have decided to give no more money to them.
"
tienbasse wrote:
"
Ludvator wrote:
nice, another quality post from someone who has zero clue what desync is, what causes it and why it cant ever be fixed (hint: it has something to do with speed of light and other physical limitations)

btw, are you sure you talking about desync? Im playing a lot and have no or only little trouble with it. Lag (and packet loss) is what makes the game unplayable, and is often called "desync" by ignorant people. It is caused by players(or their ISPs´) crappy connections or systems

Well, every other game is suffering from lag, related directly to your Internet access, and people frigging deal with it...
I've played a MMO for a whole year from Australia, connected to a European server because all my friends from before my move were there. 450ms constant lag, and you know what ? With enough planning ahead, it was perfectly playable.

GGG, in its great "wisdom", has decided to implement this ugly system trying to predict your action, so people would not notice lag too much.

The result in two words: EPIC FAIL.

It is way easier to play to 450ms constant lag due to your Internet line than it is to play PoE when your character is suddenly teleported 20 meters ahead of the position where you stopped running, right in the heart of ennemies...
Prediction in all its glory.
Desync even happens with my archer, for f*** sake!

This is one of the 2 reasons why PoE will never appeal to masses and be a huge hit.
Our Kiwi friends are just too disconnected from their playerbase to realize this.

So true , a bit emotional but hell yeah .
R.I.P 4.B.
This is a really sensitive topic around here because people really get mad when you constantly bash the biggest flaw of this game.

At least for me desync isn't a huge problem, yes it sucks but you can handle it. What really pisses me off is when all the problems of this game clumps together: half a hour to load the game, FPS spikes even if you take off shadows/AA/fullscreen, inability to play in parties because FPS drops to 10, boxes freezing your screen and THEN desync.

I'm expecting some serious bug fixes for 1.3. Right now the game is unplayable to me and I'm not gonna play next league if I can't have solid FPS.

Also, playerbase is composed mostly by aussies. Usually they're treated like shit by game companies, so when someone puts a gateway on Australia it's like the return of Jesus for them.
"
tienbasse wrote:
"
Ludvator wrote:
nice, another quality post from someone who has zero clue what desync is, what causes it and why it cant ever be fixed (hint: it has something to do with speed of light and other physical limitations)

btw, are you sure you talking about desync? Im playing a lot and have no or only little trouble with it. Lag (and packet loss) is what makes the game unplayable, and is often called "desync" by ignorant people. It is caused by players(or their ISPs´) crappy connections or systems

Well, every other game is suffering from lag, related directly to your Internet access, and people frigging deal with it...
I've played a MMO for a whole year from Australia, connected to a European server because all my friends from before my move were there. 450ms constant lag, and you know what ? With enough planning ahead, it was perfectly playable.

GGG, in its great "wisdom", has decided to implement this ugly system trying to predict your action, so people would not notice lag too much.

The result in two words: EPIC FAIL.

It is way easier to play to 450ms constant lag due to your Internet line than it is to play PoE when your character is suddenly teleported 20 meters ahead of the position where you stopped running, right in the heart of ennemies...
Prediction in all its glory.
Desync even happens with my archer, for f*** sake!

This is one of the 2 reasons why PoE will never appeal to masses and be a huge hit.
Our Kiwi friends are just too disconnected from their playerbase to realize this.

Playing PoE with 450 ms lag would be unbearable if you had to wait for server confirmation of actions. Waiting half a second to pick up every item, half a second additional time to use all abilities...sounds like fun.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
They would have at least doubled player base if they solve lag problem.

Feels like solving this needs very big investment, so they just leave it this way.

You just never know if you are on the spot where you think you are, or if monsters are really where you see them... this is to much for gamers that put gameplay > theory crafting.

Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
I don't like desync either, but strangely enough it doesn't make me not stop playing... This may be because the game is still awesome even so!

I have enough inventory now anyway (66 tabs), so doesn't need to buy more of that... as I've also said after every time I bought a pack previously :-p

Even so, I'll probably plop down $20 every months, to support the game... While I'm not much into pets or visual effects, the game deserves the support.
I really wish that they just put that "prediction system" out and make game wait for sync with the server. You can't have the cake, and eat the cake - if you want "hardcore mechanics" like range, collision, hit chance etc, you can't have "prediction system" because all this will just collapse. GG's terrible servers doesn't help with the issue. But how do you get better server? Money.

Are you expecting GGG to solve desync and are not willing to give them any money? Are they supposed to work for you, for charity? Lol.

I hate desync, everyone does, but I still do believe that this will be taken care off. Eventually. :-@ If you don't just leave. You're not being supportive anyways, so you might as well be gone.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Meatstew wrote:

I will gladly plop down $500 in support when this issue is fixed.

I wish there would be more people like you, sir

Vote with your wallet.

The only way to make GGG to address problems is to cut the income. As long as people keep playing and paying for their product there is no reason for them to change anything because the income is fine as it is. To fix something they need to invest into development and therefore spend money and human resources; but hey why do it if people are paying right now anyway?

I am not talking about desync i am talking about a bigger picture. The only sound that makes businessman do anything is the rustling sound of money taken from their pockets.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info