i'll never buy anything from GGG because...

I love this game! But the truth is that I am not playing melee or hardcore league because of how this game is designed and how everything is teleporting everywhere during gameplay. :)

I am playing on wireless connection and I know It's not ideal. But that's only option have right now.

Other online games doesn't cause these problems so often. Does it really matter if they're just hiding it? Gameplay experience is only one.

Anyway I will definitely keep support such amazing game!
"
Ludvator wrote:
nice, another quality post from someone who has zero clue what desync is, what causes it and why it cant ever be fixed (hint: it has something to do with speed of light and other physical limitations)

btw, are you sure you talking about desync? Im playing a lot and have no or only little trouble with it. Lag (and packet loss) is what makes the game unplayable, and is often called "desync" by ignorant people. It is caused by players(or their ISPs´) crappy connections or systems

Well, the combination of lag and desync from my location (yes, it's really both, you have no idea how many times I've died because leap slam decided I should teleport back into a pack of monsters after already getting 20 meters away) is why I will always be too much of a scrub to even try hardcore again.

There is a solution, you know, it's just that GGG can't afford it: get more servers and place them in more locations.

A server center in Texas, which is there just because that's "approximately central US", is not good enough for the kind of game they've developed. Once they get a server in Boston, or even NYC, gameplay will be so much easier and cleaner for me.

And packet loss contributes *directly* to desync, because the game servers don't get your packets even while your local client "lets" you think you're dodging or running or whatever, so the servers eventually send another packet containing updated state info and your client just goes "OH NO LET'S SYNC UP HAHAH YOU DIED". Lag is different, and I have some minor issues with that as well, but packet loss causes desync just as much as or more than the physical limitations of the speed of light.

But more servers combined with more locational variety will cut down on both lag and desync. I pray for the day when I only have my own ISP to blame, but the fact that I can just walk 1 minute up the road to MIT campus, get the most reliable network I've ever seen, and still have some (but less, I admit) lag and desync, means that it's definitively not only packet loss from my ISP at home that's causing my issues (it's not my system, either, there are profiling tools to verify that kind of thing. But my ISP does cause a bit of packet loss. Shitty comcast).

Oh, but to be clear, in the meanwhile, I'm genuinely content playing scrubcore, and I think this game is great and totally understand that GGG doesn't have the money to get all the servers they need to solve this problem. I hope that enough people come to understand the glory of this game and eventually donate so that GGG *can* invest in those new server centers. The OP here has to be some kind of sociopath to expect GGG to fix it *before* he donates.
Last edited by codetaku on Oct 6, 2014, 10:46:44 AM
I like many kinds of games 😊
Sorry to crash your dreams but getting more servers wont fix desnyc, that will require a complete rewrite of the game engine and how the game works with stuff like evading and moving away from danger which GGG wont do. So you can cry rivers or get used to it and adapt like many.

And for the rest of the complainers read the developer manifesto before you make the same thread for the 8917897th time.

Ty and have a good time.
Closed Beta Member.
Good thing I just bought another pack! game's ded.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Thing is, I don't care what you call it or how to correctly describe it (desync, lag, desync + lag, rainbow slide, etc). Regularly teleportation from where I think I am to where the server think I am is an awful design if your primary goal is to keep players happy. Not really interested in the minutia of how desync really is the best game design ever.

And to top it off, they introduce game concepts that boosts the desync effect to an extreme degree (strongboxes, Haku missions, leap slam, doors, rooms, etc).

Though I've provided GGG with more money than I care to think about.
A kid playing computer games can never be — and never has been — hardcore.
Path Of Exile 2 ?????
"
Meatstew wrote:

I will gladly plop down $500 in support when this issue is fixed.

Since he probably hasn't donated a effing dime yet, the only plopping he will probably do is in a toilet after a large meal.

"
Meatstew wrote:

Secure some financing, charge people to play, do something or this game will cease to exist due to no support from it's player base.

They did in the early stages and it worked. Google some history about the game instead of playing Legos Chima online.

"
Meatstew wrote:

I will play for free and put up with whatever desync, lame drops and whatever issues pisses people off. If it's free, can't complain about the quality. But I surely won't invest.

If it's free? YES. Brilliant.
But you surely won't invest no matter what right?

"
Meatstew wrote:
I've been gaming over 25 years...

And still have yet to make a more constructive post than this. But at least your Mom's basement is warm right? I'm sure the chicks dig the layout too...

I Rofflecopter over these posts....please keep contributing to the forums. It's better than BlueCollar on XM!

-Time to be funny. The world needs funny right now! Warning: "Might" get you muted.

25 Exalts...oh God my stupidity stuck! Now onto 25 Divines...
OP sounds to me like he has few ideas about how corporate business works. Desynchronisation is a major problem in this game. What has that got to do with whether you should pay to support this game or not?

Back when this game was still in closed beta many of us paid without knowing if this game would even be promising. We just wanted to support the GGG back then that did not even have enough money to expand their business, or at least it seemed like it. It is not easy to start a game company nowadays. Many successful game companies start small with a few IT legends overworking and risking to lose everything if the game does not florish. Many of us bought supporter packs purely out of charitable intent.

Secondly, any game will have problems anyway. Whether you are willing to support a company or not that is up to you. I have not bought any supporter packs and I therefore have not, I would not go and put up some excuse like because the game is not good enough in some area it therefore does not deserve my money. No, if you pay to support this game it means that you are willing to do so. There is no reasons nor excuses to it.

Lastly, the challenge of game companies nowadays is not actually to make existing games better, but to actually not make things worse. An example is THQ which contributed immensely to the game community but ended up bankrupt because of lack of support. We lost one good game company forever. If I had donated to support THQ, it was to prevent them from going from good to bad, not to improve them from good to better. That is the harsh reality of the business.

If you still disbelieve me, you can go read up on Electronic Arts's history and find out how many smaller companies they devoured and what kind of games they produce today.
"
MourningBlade wrote:

And still have yet to make a more constructive post than this. But at least your Mom's basement is warm right? I'm sure the chicks dig the layout too...

I Rofflecopter over these posts....please keep contributing to the forums. It's better than BlueCollar on XM!

writes a whole page of nerdrage, talks about constructive posts lol
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info