Remove Magnus Stonethorn

No amount of fire dmg should be able to one hit stats like these

This exile is too powerful. Remove this exile from the game. Do not nerf him, do not change him. REMOVE him. Period.

Edit for clarity. I didnt stand in it purposefully. I wasnt even the main target of the attack, my friend I was rushing was. He is a crit based spec throw build, and he was being targeted by the flameblast. I was standing and letting my RF do its magic(which wasnt very good against a pure fire templar) when I was killed by the blast. On my screen, I was standing outside of it, a good 3-5m away, easily. But when I died outside of the circle, I /oos and found out that I was in fact on the edge of the circle when I died.

It was not on a map, it he was from a blue strong box with ONLY rouge exile mod in chamber of sins, merc. There were no totems nearby for amped damage, there were no auras from nearby yellows. There was me, him, and my spec throw buddy, who he seemed to like targeting alot more than me. I was apparently desynced all of 5m left of my actual position, and thus I was standing in the circle when I was not on my screen.
'It is good to contact a moderator if you feel someone is being a twat' Charan, Forum Moderator

Sometimes, we have to cross a ditch.
Sometimes, we have to cross an ocean.-Rhys, GGG
Last edited by Zalm on Oct 7, 2014, 8:55:37 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
You have very low armor. His his was probably a mix of physical + fire.

What map were you in with what mods?
And if you close your eyes, does it feel like your exalt almost hit this time~
"
Eternallight wrote:

[Removed by Support]

1) he has incredible stats for level 71. high hp, high armour, evasion, block
2)magnus casts FLAMEBLAST,a pure fire damage spell
3)he has 86 fire res
4) he is overcapped by 36 fireresist
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Oct 5, 2014, 8:06:32 PM
He is pure fire. Magnus Stonepainintheass is a pure fire templar who uses flameblast and searing bond. I wasnt in a map, I was helping a friend rush in the chamber of sins. A level 59 area, which at best means he was level 62, and his flameblast one hit me with my fire resists and health.
'It is good to contact a moderator if you feel someone is being a twat' Charan, Forum Moderator

Lol what a demand
"
SVD wrote:
"
Eternallight wrote:

you should refrain from posting until you grow a brain......

3)he has 86 fire res

The reason I said what I did is because of his VERY low armor and (i suppose I did neglect it, but lightning resist)

Flameblast itself is pure fire, however when next to a mob/totem that gives the physical damage aura or in a map with +% lightning damage, etc, a fire spell is not just a fire spell.

You should not insult people if you do not understand game mechanics.

edit: in addition, his flame blast is supported with fire pen. You can check the wiki.
Last edited by Eternallight on Oct 5, 2014, 8:04:58 PM
How many stacks did you let him build up?
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

He built up near full on my buddy while he was attacking, then he bolted away with leapslam. I was just on the edge, but as always when dysync is all the rage, I was actually all of 3m left of the spot I thought I was in, and technically was inside the circle, not outside as the screen showed. So his 8-9 stacked flameblast killed me due to him being WAY op and desync.

Again, he was only level 62 at best, and his flameblast was able to kill 113% flame resist with 4k+ health on a lvl 71 RF build with around 100 excess health regen.

Last edited by Zalm on Oct 5, 2014, 8:07:26 PM
"
Eternallight wrote:
"
SVD wrote:
"
Eternallight wrote:

you should refrain from posting until you grow a brain......

3)he has 86 fire res

The reason I said what I did is because of his VERY low armor and (i suppose I did neglect it, but lightning resist)

Flameblast itself is pure fire, however when next to a mob/totem that gives the physical damage aura or in a map with +% lightning damage, etc, a fire spell is not just a fire spell.

You should not insult people if you do not understand game mechanics.

edit: in addition, his flame blast is supported with fire pen. You can check the wiki.

wow, just wow.

man, you are terrible.

you are judging a character by a single stat. all of the beyond level 100 templars have less armour than he has.
i am simply amazed by how far you can miss a topic and insert boatloads of 110% wrong facts in just 4 lines of text
"
Zalm wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

He built up near full on my buddy while he was attacking, then he bolted away with leapslam. I was just on the edge, but as always when dysync is all the rage, I was actually all of 3m left of the spot I thought I was in, and technically was inside the circle, not outside as the screen showed. So his 8-9 stacked flameblast killed me due to him being WAY op and desync.

Again, he was only level 62 at best, and his flameblast was able to kill 113% flame resist with 4k+ health on a lvl 71 RF build with around 100 excess health regen.

Fire pen negates you being overcapped or anything.

A level 20 fire pen would treat you as having 35% less than you actually do, so if your fire res is 75 it is treated as 40 (regardless of if you have only 75% or 10000%) With you being at 86% you would be treated as if it was only 51%. This provided that his fire pen is level 20 and not level 30 or level 10 or what have you.

Likewise, if there was anything giving him a physical damage aura, the flameblast would also do physical damage, which would eat you with your low low armor and the scaling that flameblast gains.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info