This is an ARPG, not an MMO

"
Arthikas wrote:
Sorry, but a sword from only 3/4" to 2 3/4" wide, at that length, is not what we have with these new skins. If they were as narrow as that they'd have better proportion. Instead, these are much wider and with their length give a ridiculous look.

If you don't think it's about certain gamers and their e-peen, then you've been living under a rock. Get real! Otherwise, perhaps you could explain the need to make the weps so much larger and flashier. Does it serve any useful, valid function towards gameplay? No. It's about ego trips trying to look more bad-ass than the next guy.
Hahahaha.

Wow, e-peen this, e-peen that, its a fucking cosmetic item, it has absolutely nothing to do with anything e-peen related. You think people buy this stuff to show off ? No, they buy it because they enjoy it. If it served any function in game it would be "pay to win", not sure why youd think or ever bother to mention something soo stupid.

Its an ego trip because you want to look nice in a videogame ? Lmao.

I hope realize that youre the one looking up at them, feeling belittled and thinking that theyre being narcissistic , while in reality theyre just doing their own thing and enjoying themselves.

Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
Arthikas wrote:
Sorry, but a sword from only 3/4" to 2 3/4" wide, at that length, is not what we have with these new skins. If they were as narrow as that they'd have better proportion. Instead, these are much wider and with their length give a ridiculous look.

If you don't think it's about certain gamers and their e-peen, then you've been living under a rock. Get real! Otherwise, perhaps you could explain the need to make the weps so much larger and flashier. Does it serve any useful, valid function towards gameplay? No. It's about ego trips trying to look more bad-ass than the next guy.
You think people buy this stuff to show off ? No, they buy it because they enjoy it.

Being acknowledged is one of the most important things to a lot of people. So saying that they just buy it because they like it isnt entirely true. Theres a reason why these sort of games never give you the option to hide cosmetics.
"
nynyny wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
Arthikas wrote:

You think people buy this stuff to show off ? No, they buy it because they enjoy it.

Being acknowledged is one of the most important things to a lot of people. So saying that they just buy it because they like it isnt entirely true. Theres a reason why these sort of games never give you the option to hide cosmetics.
It really isnt, thats just said person being overly paranoid and presumptuous.

Guy walking around town with multiple demigods and a full MTX set, sure, i could see validation of such an assumption. Guy buys a weapon skin MTX and its automatically assumed that hes trying to inflate his e-peen ? No.

I forgot to mention, most of those types who are doing it for that reason are already using race reward/ingame items as skin transfers, soo yeah.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Oct 6, 2014, 1:09:40 PM
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

Guy walking around town with multiple demigods and a full MTX set, sure, i could see validation of such an assumption. Guy buys a weapon skin MTX and its automatically assumed that hes trying to inflate his e-peen ? No.

I forgot to mention, most of those types who are doing it for that reason are already using race reward/ingame items as skin transfers, soo yeah.

That would be taking it to the extreme, about as much as this game offers for the PoE e-peener's atm. Having "just" a gi-normous silly looking sword/maul is the same idea, but at lower cost. If you don't think that's what this crap is about, then you should check other games where it's gotten out of control.

Why do you think they give out "X" pixels for various Supporter pack levels? "Hey look at MEEEE! I spent 100/200/500 bucks and damned well want people to KNOW IT!..."

/whocares

Full disclosure: I've spent a few bucks on cute pixels too. Olmec skin because I can see the white totem better in dark areas. Spirit Charm head skin and Arcane Wep to see my toon better in dark areas and parties. Storm Call Tribal effect because everything on a Lightning build being blue gets old. Ice Nova effect I think looks better than standard. However, none of those are over the top IMO.
Last edited by Arthikas on Oct 6, 2014, 8:09:01 PM
"
Arthikas wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

That would be taking it to the extreme, about as much as this game offers for the PoE e-peener's atm. Having "just" a gi-normous silly looking sword/maul is the same idea, but at lower cost. If you don't think that's what this crap is about, then you should check other games where it's gotten out of control.

Why do you think they give out "X" pixels for various Supporter pack levels? "Hey look at MEEEE! I spent 100/200/500 bucks and damned well want people to KNOW IT!..."

/whocares

Full disclosure: I've spent a few bucks on cute pixels too. Olmec skin because I can see the white totem better in dark areas. Spirit Charm head skin and Arcane Wep to see my toon better in dark areas and parties. Storm Call Tribal effect because everything on a Lightning build being blue gets old. Ice Nova effect I think looks better than standard. However, none of those are over the top IMO.
Youre not even arguing anything, youre just making incredibly ignorant remarks toward anyone whos purchased any MTX and supporting the game.

"This is for e-peen status, thats for e-peen status, i dont care what anyone says or does thats what its for!", is pretty much the break down of all your posts about this topic soo far. Theres absolutely nothing exuberant about the new MTX either.

Example - I bought the apprentice pack because it was an incredible deal, 400 points plus an armor set for $50, 400 points alone is $40 and an armor set costs 360 points which would be nearly another $40. Then i upgraded to journeyman because Halloween is coming (Thats two 360 point armor sets and 900 points for $100) and i love Halloween and want to see what they have in store for the holiday MTX. These are awesome deals and it helps support the game, win/win scenario.

Thats the actual mindset of people who are buying these things. Most people have similar mindsets, very rarely if at all does anyone do what you think everyone is doing.

"
Natharias wrote:
If I want oversized weapons, armor, and outlandish characters, I'll play an MMO.

The new sword skins are just too much.

It is purely optional.

It is purely subjective.

How did this hit 3+ pages?
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
Last edited by Wittgenstein on Oct 6, 2014, 9:01:24 PM
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
It is purely optional.

It is purely subjective.

This is an online game. It is meant to be played with others. Since it is not possible to avoid seeing these MTXs, they are injected into each person's game with or without their consent. It's not optional.

It is entirely subjective whether or not people like playing a game with an art style like these MTXs imply, but it is objective to say that these (and other recent MTXs such as the seraph wings) are different than what the art style used to be.

For those few of us that actually enjoyed the setting of Wraeclast when it was broken swords and tattered tunics, it's a pretty big issue. To take an extreme, if this game had looked like WoW when I first saw it in 2011, I never would have played it. The promise was something different, but it's been changing over time to be something much the same.

---

"
Would you rather we not get these Garena-based mtxes? Yes/no.

No, not in their current state.
Scaling the size fixes most of them, and that should not be an impossibly hard thing to do.
Sadly, now that they've been released, there is a 0% chance that GGG will change them.

As per my usual, I maintain that bad/harmful content is not better than no content. It would not be nearly as big an issue if GGG was willing to amend content shortly after addition in a timely fashion. Their long track record of doing the exact opposite speaks for them.
Last edited by pneuma on Oct 7, 2014, 12:16:46 AM
"
pneuma wrote:
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
It is purely optional.

It is purely subjective.

This is an online game. It is meant to be played with others. Since it is not possible to avoid seeing these MTXs, they are injected into each person's game with or without their consent. It's not optional.

It is entirely subjective whether or not people like playing a game with an art style like these MTXs imply, but it is objective to say that these (and other recent MTXs such as the seraph wings) are different than what the art style used to be.

For those few of us that actually enjoyed the setting of Wraeclast when it was broken swords and tattered tunics, it's a pretty big issue. To take an extreme, if this game had looked like WoW when I first saw it in 2011, I never would have played it. The promise was something different, but it's been changing over time to be something much the same.

I dont play with others. I only operate out of my hideout. Rarely see this crap cept trading thank god.

Another thing I wont do is visit other ppls gaudy hideouts anymore either when trading. They have to come me.

You can minimize your exposure is my point.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Oct 7, 2014, 1:25:07 AM
I want two of these

and this for armour
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
CanHasPants wrote:
I want two of these

ooohhh...snap, that's some big E-peen goin on there. Wish they were 1 hand maces though so I could still leap slam with my skirt flapping in the wind.

Yes that's sarcasm, I vote for "no" on the yes/no for gareena mtx ?

I believe less is more, more facebreakers and less pants please. We shouldn't have rangers running around in pants ! I'll buy a MTX to remove the rangers pants.
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info