This is an ARPG, not an MMO

Look at the prices for these ugly items... -_- As long as people will keep buying this stuff, the game wont technically evolve. Path of least resistance.

I wish there was a MTX that would state: by buying this *whatever* you are contributing toward better GUI, trading improvements and graphical optimizations.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
Look at the prices for these ugly items... -_- As long as people will keep buying this stuff, the game wont technically evolve. Path of least resistance.

I wish there was a MTX that would state: by buying this *whatever* you are contributing toward better GUI, trading improvements and graphical optimizations.
Lol "Ugly", nope just your opinion. Clearly if they were as terrible as you made it/them out to be they wouldnt be selling at all, they sell very well.

Also, "the game wont evolve" ? Just stop, haha.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Lol "Ugly", nope just your opinion. Clearly if they were as terrible as you made it/them out to be they wouldnt be selling at all, they sell very well.

Well, people buy Justin Beaver, so it clearly must be state of the art music.

Laugh at "trading improvements" and decrepit 3D engine...
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
Natharias wrote:
If I want oversized weapons, armor, and outlandish characters, I'll play an MMO.

The new sword skins are just too much.

I totally agree, and posted a thread on this as well...

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1078036/page/1

If I wanted e-peen looking weps, I'd play WoW, Diablo, anime. PoE should stick to better proportionality.
Last edited by Arthikas on Oct 5, 2014, 2:55:03 PM
"
morbo wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

Well, people buy Justin Beaver, so it clearly must be state of the art music.

Laugh at "trading improvements" and decrepit 3D engine...
Lol, youre comparing two entirely different things, nice try though.

They set aside allocated time and resources for the visuals/MTX, your argument is completely invalid.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Arthikas wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:
If I want oversized weapons, armor, and outlandish characters, I'll play an MMO.

If I wanted e-peen looking weps, I'd play WoW, Diablo, anime. PoE should stick to better proportionality.
"How big is a claymore/greatsword?"

The shaft of the sword measures 4 feet 4 inches (132 cm) in length and 5 feet 8 inches (173 cm) including the hilt. The breadth of the blade varies from 2.25 inches (5.7 cm) at the guard to 0.75 inches (1.9 cm) before the point.

Based off those proportions their length is absolutely justified.

What does "e-peen" have to do with anything ? It has to do with absolutely nothing.

I am kinda surprised that people still give a damn about the artstyle of the game. Havent you seen the tentacle wings? Oh, oh, or remember those Razer Footprints? The green snakes totally fit the games enviroment.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
Arthikas wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:

"How big is a claymore/greatsword?"

The shaft of the sword measures 4 feet 4 inches (132 cm) in length and 5 feet 8 inches (173 cm) including the hilt. The breadth of the blade varies from 2.25 inches (5.7 cm) at the guard to 0.75 inches (1.9 cm) before the point.

Based off those proportions their length is absolutely justified.

What does "e-peen" have to do with anything ? It has to do with absolutely nothing.

Sorry, but a sword from only 3/4" to 2 3/4" wide, at that length, is not what we have with these new skins. If they were as narrow as that they'd have better proportion. Instead, these are much wider and with their length give a ridiculous look.

If you don't think it's about certain gamers and their e-peen, then you've been living under a rock. Get real! Otherwise, perhaps you could explain the need to make the weps so much larger and flashier. Does it serve any useful, valid function towards gameplay? No. It's about ego trips trying to look more bad-ass than the next guy.
People will bitch about anything these days.

SMH
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
This is an arbitrary distinction, not a matter of fact.
Noblesse oblige

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info