Diablo 1 Hellfire - THE HELL mod

"
BrecMadak wrote:
Last year had newly installed this great mod, but after that time didn't get enough time to focus on it, as it always gonna take a very long time (considered finishing hell)

After i bought a wide-screen, again that time i was just installed that mod, screen was stretched and was pretty not cool, is there anything to fix this problematic situation ?

That's strange. I use a 1920x1080 screen, and it doesn't stretch (neither vanilla Diablo nor Hellfire nor The Hell). Have you checked their site for a solution?

Thanks for that necro bump by the way, made me re-download the mod and begin playing again :-D.
12/12/12 - the day Germany decided boys are not quite human.
"
Avireyn wrote:
"
BrecMadak wrote:
Last year had newly installed this great mod, but after that time didn't get enough time to focus on it, as it always gonna take a very long time (considered finishing hell)

After i bought a wide-screen, again that time i was just installed that mod, screen was stretched and was pretty not cool, is there anything to fix this problematic situation ?

That's strange. I use a 1920x1080 screen, and it doesn't stretch (neither vanilla Diablo nor Hellfire nor The Hell). Have you checked their site for a solution?

Thanks for that necro bump by the way, made me re-download the mod and begin playing again :-D.

So how do you manage to run the game at 1920x1080 size ?
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
"
BrecMadak wrote:

So how do you manage to run the game at 1920x1080 size ?

Well, that's a good question. I have no idea at which resolution The Hell runs, but it certainly does keep an aspect ratio of 4:3 (like the old Diablo's 640x480). It's a bit blurry in the game, but fonts etc. are crispy-clear.

It might be that I originally had trouble with the colour palette and used the provided .exe to make an registry edit to fix that.

For a friend, that didn't work - he used the provided .exe (or is it a .bat?) that kills the explorer process. Though you can do that manually if you want, of course.

But all in all, it's a "it just works" thing: It's (presumably) 640x480 on a 1980x1080 screen with those tell-tale black sidebars.

I have read up on it a bit, and there seems to be an alpha release of "The Hell v2" that allows for resolution changing. It's alpha, though, and since Diablo is sprite based, alternate resolutions could look rather wonky.
But if you're still having issues... or you could just ask the devs directly, they have a board.
12/12/12 - the day Germany decided boys are not quite human.
Last edited by Avireyn on Jun 8, 2012, 5:59:33 PM
Thanks Avireyn, joined there, though it looks pretty dead as of now, hope Hell 2 project is not cancelled :(
Few days ago i gave it a shot again for nostalgia its pretty much very enjoyable super bosses now act like the way they how it must be. Can't kill Butcher now with my lvl16 Scout but will try it again whenever i finish Caves. Also many monsters can open doors now which gives challenging moments and prevent abuses.

So anyone out there sticking this mod ?
"
BrecMadak wrote:
Few days ago i gave it a shot again for nostalgia its pretty much very enjoyable super bosses now act like the way they how it must be. Can't kill Butcher now with my lvl16 Scout but will try it again whenever i finish Caves. Also many monsters can open doors now which gives challenging moments and prevent abuses.

So anyone out there sticking this mod ?

After finishing caves? Good luck with that, lol. Try again after Uber Diablo.
My little tribute to Diablo 1 aka why Diablo 3 is the worst part of the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP2ejhudUlU

ig: Witchfire_The_Unholy
i've never played diablo 1,
maybe i should try it even tho ... grahpic sucks ass compare this days :P
Very tempted to crack out D1 again while I wait for the OB to arrive.....to play or not to play
Interesting fact...Hellfire was originally a part of D1 before Blizzard decided to cut it all out and later handed it to Sierra which added this. Supposedly at the original release time Blizzard felt it added too much unimportant things to the game(which in fact was correct it was a great game without this), overall the expansive piece added more nostalgia then anything.
"The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about" - Derek Bok

http://emberadventurersclub.enjin.com/profile/2898733
First dissapointment about this great mod, gruesomeness and gore were significiantly removed as far as i see. I'm at lvl 12 caves, still haven't see a single decapitated body, or an impaled one. I've asked this question on F.A.Q section as you could read below in the hope to get an answer, we shall see...

As veterans are aware, that it was one of the major specific feature ever Diablo had been presenting us, and to me it was one of the most eye-candy fascinating element back then. Hope i'm wrong on this but its very unlikely :(

Another plain wrong decision taken for whatever the hell reason it was caused by don't care; but the bitter truth it hurts the game terribly.

you can read at here about my post: http://diablothehell.freeforums.org/post9993.html#p9993
Last edited by BrecMadak on Aug 15, 2012, 5:52:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info