Zana timed missions

Zana's Timed Missions ARE TRUELY IMPOSSIBLE FOR THE SOLO CASUAL PLAYER... I have yet to complete 1

what a shame
"Find the map item" - That's just luck, some random mob has the map, you have to get him without running out of time. Personal Success Rate: 5/10

"Kill the Exiles" - They are shown on the Map, so you just have to quickly walk to them. Personal Success Rate: 10/10

"Touch the stones" - Depends on map. I had a gorge map where the stones were not within reach even with 3 quicksilver flasks and leap slams. Personal Success Rate: 5/10

"Have no time limit" or "be able extend your time limit" - I have yet to find one I cannot do. 10/10.

---

So overall, playing very casual this league, I'm able o do more than half of Zanas Missions without any issues.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
There are players who can do these... no doubt. Okay. That doesn't make them good. Players play under different rule sets, so to compare your play to theirs is pointless.

If you trade in this game, you have a completely different experience than someone who plays self-found.

If you party in this game, you have a completely different experience from someone who plays strictly solo.

If you play SC, you have a different experience than someone who plays HC.

I only play games self-found/solo/HC. Wont play a game that doesn't offer this playstyle. Zana's timed missions are impossible, so I guess that I'm not suited for this game. Pity. It's a fine game. The developers are simply ignoring a large chunk of the ARPG market.
"
uebermann wrote:

HUGE amount of mobs in them, there's no way you can just run through and click

Quartz flasks might help
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

I only play games self-found/solo/HC. Wont play a game that doesn't offer this playstyle. Zana's timed missions are impossible, so I guess that I'm not suited for this game. Pity. It's a fine game. The developers are simply ignoring a large chunk of the ARPG market.

How do you come to this conclusion?

"I can't do timed mission -> I can't play this game"

You do realize that the majority of this game's content does NOT consist of Zana timed missions?

Just because you cannot beat a little part of it - with your heavy restrictions (HC, selffound) - does not mean that a) anything has to be changed or b) you have to quit.
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

How do you come to this conclusion?

"I can't do timed mission -> I can't play this game"

You do realize that the majority of this game's content does NOT consist of Zana timed missions?

Just because you cannot beat a little part of it - with your heavy restrictions (HC, selffound) - does not mean that a) anything has to be changed or b) you have to quit.

You're absolutely right that one addition to the game doesn't break it. I could list the other 10 if you would like.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

You're absolutely right that one addition to the game doesn't break it. I could list the other 10 if you would like.

I will most likely:
*never kill Uber Atziri
*never even kill Atziri without purchasing midnights
*never have a weapon with more than 350 DpS (1h)
*never be able to even beat lvl 78 Dominus without some deaths
*never be able to do any map mod combination
*never have more than 10 Exalted Orbs
*never wear a full item set found/crafted by myself only
*never have a lvl 8 master
*never have a map pool that feels "complete"
*never have a character lvl 95+
*never have those sweet 120+ resist rares that let me use 4-5 uniques atthe same time

Does this break the game for me?
No.

I'm sitting in 72-78 maps with my "all melee" character lineup since forever, and I'm having a blast.
I have about 30 Ex of gear (half of this is a legacy BoR rotting in Standard), and all the time while I am playing, I am actually in need of something. Need more items, more maps, more currency...

If I ever had all I wanted, I'd probably stop playing.
That's why I DON'T want it to be served on a silver plate.

And you shouldn't, as well.
Glad to hear you enjoy the game. So do I. It's the direction the game is going that pisses me off, not the game itself.
"
I dislike them but at the same time I enjoy them since they are challenging. It creates a goal outside of just wiping the floor with all the enemies.

Remember, Quartz flasks in combination with quicksilver flasks are your friend.

The nice thing about a Zana mission is that even if you fail, you were just given a free map. That isn't so bad, really.

this is fucking bullshit , timers don't provide a challenge it's either clear the map in 30 seconds AND DON'T RUN INTO FUCKING ANYTHING FOR A MINUTE.or you run out before the game loads. or it's like oh hey you get this frac seawitch map and every kill gets you another 15 seconds and you end up with a 2hour timer. there is no extra challenge there is no new goal it's basicly you have a 5% chance to fail this missions and there's a 95% chance none of it fucking matters.

if they just remnove the times and make it a fucking diceroll on screen i'd see no diffirence.

if they want to make it difficult give us single portal quadcurse 15 affix maps that have huge bonus IIQ. and well kill double dom with GMP and - max that is a fucking challenge and a new goal for most people as we almost always skip that boss. hell they could even give you an atziri map and say kill the boss goodluck motherfucker.
The timed missions are hit and miss, but the worst I've found are the 'kill corrupted monsters' ones combined with the standing stone timer increase. An example of one that was absolutely bullshit stupid:

A friend and me were doing some maps and Zana spawns in one of them...sweet...extra experience for her, we think. She gives us the timed mission of killing said corrupted monsters and getting the standing stones to increase the time limit. No problem, right? I was running on my Low-life Mjolner Crit-Discharger build and he was a Molten Strike crit build...piece of cake for us, yeah? So we zone in and we the Torture Chamber tileset handed to us, timer has started and we start speeding around since we have Quicksilver flasks and the like. I believe the total amount of corrupted monsters we needed to kill was around 116 or so. Again, shouldn't be any problem since we're running very high-end builds and the map mods aren't hard...right?

BIG FAT FUCKING WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!

Torture Chamber is designed to be very maze-like with lots of dead ends, and normally that's fine when running the map because that usually means lots of monster spawn chances, more exp, etc, etc. Well, when you're on the clock that suddenly turns upside down. You want to complete the mission but then the real slap to the knee kicks in...THERE ARE ALMOST NO STANDING STONES TO TOUCH! We got maybe 8 of them between the two of us splitting up and most of them were spawned out in 'East Bumblefuck'. Of course, then it was finding the mob packs, and those were also spread out so far apart that we wasted more time hunting them down and trying to figure out which way to go because...maze-like tileset with lots of dead ends and doors...yeah. But that wasn't the big thing, oh no...not at all.

Needless to say even running around like headless chickens and trying to hunt down stragglers and pray for standing stones, we failed the mission. The real kicker came when we at last made it to the boss room, because as you can likely guess that's where the last corrupted mobs were. The boss wasn't an issue, but you wanna know what the real kicker was? In the boss room there was not only just the last pack we so desperately needed, but in that tiny room there we FIVE...YES...FIVE FUCKING STANDING STONES ALL CLUMPED UP! I'm sure it goes without saying that you can see just how stupid this is and how bad the consistency of standing stone spawns can be in a map. It's understandable if you fail the mission because it's just too hard and you bit off more than you could chew. But when you fail due to RNG spawns in a huge map layout, well, it leaves a very sour taste in one's mouth.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info