Zana timed missions

So I've had two Zana dailies in a row now like this.

Zana gives you 1:40 to complete the map. You can "add time" by clicking on some statues around. But in order to beat the map, you have to click on 10 lodestones. The add time statues are so few and far inbetween, there's flat out no way to get to them to add enough time. Not only that, but I think they added just a few seconds??

Simply impossible as a single player unless you have some stupid amount of gear. Each of these I have done have had a HUGE amount of mobs in them, there's no way you can just run through and click. Not to mention how much fun it is trying to click a lodestone when surrounded by mobs. (that was sarcasm)

I'm not sure how people are beating this unless its in groups. And to be frank, I really don't want to group for daily missions and I don't think it should be forced to either. If you guys want to make the dailies more challenging for groups, then make them adjust automatically for groups as opposed to just screwing over single players.

I've tried everything I can think of to beat these and in the end, I just die and fail the mission. So going forward, I am not even going to attempt to do it in the time limit because it is simply not possible to do.

100% no fun and NOT worth the risk/reward at all. Because you WILL die on them. Its a given. No point in dying 5 times and losing 50% exp when you can just do the map normal and get exp and items and not die. You just don't get the daily and have to give up items since you cannot get back in if you leave the area.

Bad design all around. Killing mobs and adding time is far more enjoyable on these time limit maps.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Yes, timed missions suck for solo players. They are the only reason I ever team up with others.

That said, if you don't want to team up, you can always decide to probably fail the mission and just do the given map in your own style. See it as a gift map. There is no need to succeed in all of them, just like there are some monsters that cannot be killed by specific builds. At least you don't die if you fail a mission...
May your maps be bountiful, exile
Some of those timed missions are in fact especially frustrating and difficult.

"kill those XXX corrupted monsters in less than X minutes" with some of them hidden in a strongbox. So fun.

I also despise the "kill those rogue exiles in less than X minutes" with Tinevin Highdove in the map. He keep using Immortal Call and teleport away with Lightning Warp until the time is up. Pure trolling missions.
I dislike them but at the same time I enjoy them since they are challenging. It creates a goal outside of just wiping the floor with all the enemies.

Remember, Quartz flasks in combination with quicksilver flasks are your friend.

The nice thing about a Zana mission is that even if you fail, you were just given a free map. That isn't so bad, really.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Last edited by CliveHowlitzer on Oct 3, 2014, 5:20:21 AM
RNG is RNG.

Zana's missions are a completly randomized mixture of:

Mission type
Timer yes/no
Extend timer yes/no
Map type
Monster type in maps
Map affixes

Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes it is painful or impossible.

But even if some of the missions seem to be impossible, and you don't beat them... so what?
"Life ain't no pony ranch", they say in germany.

Next time you'll maybe get lucky, and even if not, you still get to play free maps.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Need some kind of movement skill for quickly getting over enemies. The mindset while doing these is skipping almost everything for the lodestones, it tends to be far easier than the timed corrupted monster mission(lodestones are at least marked).

It's definitely difficult for undergeared characters though since you can't afford to clear too much. My melee block character can usually solo these and have far more time than I started with. I just leapslam quickly from point to point.
Just adding... my fourth Zana mission failed again. Playing solo/self-found/HC... the timed missions simply are auto-fail. All four missions have been "kill 3 rogue exiles, timed". Zana will likely forever be level 1 in my game.

I don't rush through areas that might kill my character. Not for any degree of reward. The timed missions need to be made far less frequent.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Oct 3, 2014, 7:16:58 AM
After failing roughly a dozen timed missions, I finally got Zana into my hideout. Now when I do her daily or run into her in a map, I just abandon any and all timed missions.
I got a timed mission last night where I had to kill 4 exiles in a few minutes. When I saw the timer, I decided to not rush and just play the map as normal. For the mods (4 exiles plus the map boss), It was pretty decent. 3 uniques dropped (including a Rat's Nest) and it was a free map (this wasn't the daily but just a spawned Zana in a regular map). If I'm not in a group at the time, I'll just play them as normal to not make stupid mistakes. It's not like you get booted out of the map if you fail.
Last edited by Jaxom on Oct 3, 2014, 8:47:02 AM
I failed one timed mission in over 50 i did. And i'm pretty sure it was a "kill corrupted boss" in a jungle valley map (no way i risk it)

More precisely OP, How can you even fail a lodestone timed mission? use a movement skill and kill some creeps in the process

Fun fact: i also kill most of map mobs while touching lodestones, in Beyond as strictly solo player :/ i must have an uberbuild

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info