Warning: New weapon MTX does not alter original weapon hold/swing

Bump for great justice.

And while they are at it, make it so that now you can skin transfer sword skins onto your sword if the base was changed to runic!
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Sorry for reviving a dead thread, but are there any news regarding this bug?

GGG is usually very open about things, yet I've yet to see any official comment from them about this, and it has been more than a year now since the mtx was introduced. Will it eventually be looked at?

The mtx description reads "Replaces the appearance of a two handed sword, axe or mace with the Runic Blade", yet it only works properly with swords.
Last edited by ReddoHoku on Dec 4, 2015, 7:40:40 PM
"
ReddoHoku wrote:
Sorry for reviving a dead thread, but are there any news regarding this bug?

GGG is usually very open about things, yet I've yet to see any official comment from them about this, and it has been more than a year now since the mtx was introduced. Will it eventually be looked at?

The mtx description reads "Replaces the appearance of a two handed sword, axe or mace with the Runic Blade", yet it only works properly with swords.

Dont think GGG cares a lot 'bout this, see this thread, its known for a really long time now.
They got their money for the mtx and dont have/allocate ressources to something like this.

Sadly.
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

"
Hunwulf wrote:

Dont think GGG cares a lot 'bout this, see this thread, its known for a really long time now.
They got their money for the mtx and dont have/allocate ressources to something like this.

Sadly.

I understand that it is not a top priority for them.

What I don't understand is why GGG introduced an mtx and specifically stated it would work in a way when in fact it doesn't. I mean, they could have easily had the mtx work only for swords, but they chose to advertise it as working for axes and maces also, when they were perfectly aware that it wouldn't work properly with those types of weapons.

What also bothers me is that despite numerous reports concerning this bug, GGG chooses to remain silent and ignore the problem, as if they're waiting for us to forget that it exists.

It makes me really sad, because usually GGG doesn't act this way.
Last edited by ReddoHoku on Dec 4, 2015, 9:23:40 PM
Apologizing for necroing this thread, but they should seriously considering fixing this issue. I am stuck on purchasing the new colossus sword but I am using an axe atm...
Hey at least it shows up. Arcane Tome spell totem doesn't even work if the spell comes from equipment (allelopathy gloves with blight, using spell totem gem). At least support is pretty friendly and expedient on refunds when you hit one of these edge cases from my experience.
"Life is weighted dice. You have some control over the outcome, but you'll never win if you don't roll."
it seems they pair it with other weapons of the same graphical size.

notice that the wide looking dagger can replace a claw (or wand) but the skinny mtx dagger can only replace a wand off weapon type.

Honestly one of the reasons i hold off on weapon replacements is both their insane price but also their limited functionality. If i bought that 2h sword and could use it with any weapon type it would be worth the cost for example. Also now what the OP pointed out, that it looks terrible off the exact weapon type you are using, making them even less functional.
just for try, for see and for know
"
Amiag wrote:
"
aldorus wrote:
You are wrong.

In reality, true 2H swords ARE held like this. Did you ever try it? I did. The place just above aegis is dull for a good reason. The combattant's hand IS supposed to be using it for grip.

Just saying.

this is the dumbest thing I read in a while

It was actually a way to hold 2hand swords back in the day.

Not ALL swords, mind you.

http://www.swordsmanship.ca/academy-articles/armour-hand-fighting/
Bumperino/Bemperlano
Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink
Last edited by Kwonryu on Sep 8, 2017, 9:53:14 AM
never realised this with runic on my 2h axe. but now that i know it .... );

was goging to buy the colossus, but i am not sure, if still want it.

maybe i should start a 2h sword char. :/
It's been like that since the start of that mtx... I never used it because of that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info