Warning: New weapon MTX does not alter original weapon hold/swing

"
I didn't buy any of them. As if they'd change the animation/stances based on an mtx -- I'm willing to bet the game doesn't even read a skinned item as 'different' in that regard.

Allowing a mace to look like a sword? That's some dodgy, hypocritical shit right there, considering the game won't even allow you to skin a 1h slasher with a 1h stabber.

Haha yeah, exactly what I was thinking. I was just about to upgrade to apprentice, but I have a feeling they are not putting the work I'd expect them to be doing in the new MTX's. So I'll wait and see what happens down the road / next MTX batch gets released.
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
"
Hayrich wrote:
If I had known it would be a piece of shoddy work, I would not have bought the new MTX for $18.

I hope GGG can comment on this.

u can contact support and they ill refund your points and remove mtx
Thanks for info
lol this is the SERIOUS BUG

right hand penetrates swords awful meshes

Last edited by GodKas on Oct 4, 2014, 4:06:24 AM
They would have to recode the entire animation engine (basically).

Your character has a "stance" which is determined by what is in their hands. There are then special animation calls for certain skills based on your stance.

For example, the sweep animation isn't a default attack animation for any weapon type, it's a separate animation which gets called when you cast sweep, and is pointed to by the two hand axe, staff, and mace, stances respectively.

So now you can put a sword skin on a mace/staff, meaning technically your character should be in "Sword" stance (all the other animations like auto-attack, idle, will then line up). But there's no animation call for sword->sweep since that's not possible in the game. This means that skills which universally have an animation which makes no sense for a sword to cast have no acceptable animation in the game.

To be honest you just shouldn't be able to put that skin on a mace/staff/axe etc.

"
ellefanor wrote:
u can contact support and they ill refund your points and remove mtx

Also this, if you are really upset that the game doesn't magically account for this scenario then I guarantee support will refund you.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishment the scroll-
@Faith_And_Steel
Last edited by DodgySmalls on Oct 4, 2014, 4:14:28 AM
"
aldorus wrote:
You are wrong.

In reality, true 2H swords ARE held like this. Did you ever try it? I did. The place just above aegis is dull for a good reason. The combattant's hand IS supposed to be using it for grip.

Just saying.

this is the dumbest thing I read in a while
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
Last edited by Amiag on Oct 4, 2014, 4:19:08 AM
"
Amiag wrote:

Actually he is right. It was a way to use a 2H sword. They used to hold the grip both hands either, it depended.

Also there's a "half sword" technique, it involved any kind of swords. Google it, you may remain surprised.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Oct 4, 2014, 4:29:57 AM
"
GodKas wrote:
Thanks for info
lol this is the SERIOUS BUG

right hand penetrates swords awful meshes

Try reading the thread first. Since you're a supporter yourself, you might understand my point of view that paying money for MTX comes with a different set of expectations. Holding a 2 handed sword like a mace with mashed up pixels does not cut it.

In any case, I have refunded the MTX, kindly assisted by GGG support. This will be the end of the case on my side, but in the event they actually manage to sort out the "cross weapon" graphical/stance issue, I'll be happy to purchase it because the sword actually looks wonderful in my opinion.

Just not the way it is held or swung. GGG should put a disclaimer on it.
Last edited by Hayrich on Oct 4, 2014, 4:33:28 AM
Deleted.
Last edited by Hayrich on Oct 4, 2014, 4:33:42 AM
"
torturo wrote:
"
Amiag wrote:

Actually he is right. It was a way to use a 2H sword. They used to hold the grip both hands either, it depended.

Also there's a "half sword" technique, it involved any kind of swords. Google it, you may remain surprised.

one thing is to have a weird stabbing technique another to say the normal way to hold a sword is on the blade lol
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
Not weird, but quite common...
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info