Warning: New weapon MTX does not alter original weapon hold/swing

I just purchased the new Runic Blade weapon MTX to mask my 2 handed mace, and I am disappointed to see that all it does is change the look of the mace to a sword, but not the way my character holds it, nor the way the weapon swings. I understand this sounds like a whine, but please listen to my explanation.

When I purchased the Runic Blade MTX, I expected my character to actually hold it like a 2 handed sword. A one handed grip at rest, and a 2 handed upright combat stance. But no... the weapon is still held like a mace, with one hand holding the blade of the sword in an awkward fashion. When attacking, the right hand still grips the blade portion of the sword.

This might sound trivial, but I paid $18 for what I would consider to be game immersion. It's not too much to ask for I believe. I hope GGG can correct this; it's just very disappointing. I will be shelving the Runic Blade MTX until the hold/swing issue is corrected.

To illustrate, I've included 2 screenshots:

This is what the Runic Blade MTX looks like on my mace. Notice the jarring mish-mash where the right hand is:

This is what I expect from the MTX, which is my character holding a Rigvald's Charge (2 handed sword):

Last edited by Hayrich on Oct 2, 2014, 11:35:51 AM
Last bumped on Sep 8, 2017, 12:58:55 PM
LOL, it's bizarre that these even work on incompatible weapon types to begin with.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
I'm not even sure if it's technically possible to do so currently ...

"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
LOL, it's bizarre that these even work on incompatible weapon types to begin with.
I like many kinds of games 😊
Last edited by ArchSecter on Oct 2, 2014, 12:34:17 PM
If I had known it would be a piece of shoddy work, I would not have bought the new MTX for $18.

I hope GGG can comment on this.
If you think that's bad...

IGN: Yolowanda
Should email support at support@grindinggear.com

Support will let devs know about this that way and possibly prioritize it.
They just never assumed anyone would actually buy the runic mtx since the devourer mtx is a 1000 times cooler Kappa.
all the Weapons also looks like boat peddles..............
dont all giant anime swords look like boat paddles?
While im here, if anyone has purchased the devourer maul, can you upload an image of it with Ghost Flames or Infernal Weapon Effect ?

Pretty curious as to which effect looks good on it, if any at all.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info