How do you like new mtx skins?

my one sentence impression

1h dagger-claw: lo its panda's dual blades
1h axe: wtf is that
1h sword: damn its damn cool now I see thousands of 1h melee peeps will use this skin. ez money

2h axe: plagiarism. its exactly from dark soul. its not shiny at all as original so sad
2h mace: nice I like it big skull crasher
2h swrod: wtf is that too ugly and thick sword

shield: not interested, weird design though
bows: not interested, looks so so

do you like them?
Last edited by GodKas on Oct 1, 2014, 5:09:49 AM
"
GodKas wrote:
do you like them?

Not at all. Honestly my first impression was "these were made for POE?"

I feel they don't fit at all in the world of Wraeclast. They are way oversized, clunky and look straight out of a Korean MMO or something. I just don't understand the direction they are going in with their art sometimes. If someone is into huge fairy wings and soul caliber esque swords that's cool but there are already a ton of games out there that cater to that, why ruin a game that has a dark and gritty element established? Others have mentioned in the notes section that it was probably aimed at the people on the Garena server, maybe these MTX could stay there then?

Also it smacks of cash grab to me. As I mentioned in the upcoming patch notes thread I understand that MTX pays the bills. I want this company to be successful which is why I've chosen to spend a couple hundred bucks on it over time since open beta started. It seems to be though that catching up on the in game 3D art for items/uniques is just not a priority and I would like to see my support go towards "finishing" the stuff in game, otherwise the game will just come across half assed.
Guild Leader - LÉGÄCY

POE is happy good luck fun time for great imperialistic leaders!
plainly disgusting,i predicted this happenning since angel and tentacle wings kicked in.. actually earlier than that,since they intensified the glow of weapon effects turning em into lightsabers.

THEY PROMISED IN CLOSED BETA TO MAKE THIS A GRITTY REALISM GAME DAMN IT! Look what they've done.. 90% korean MMOs are more realistic..like seriously they need to fire artists who designed these weapons(except bows)..

that 1h sword seems to be weighting like 50 kilograms,if that wouldn't be enough it has got really short handle in comparison to size and weight of the blade so the center of balance is really far from the palm making it feel even heavier than it actually is. Don't forget its width is almost equal to the scion's carrying it abdomen width and she has to wield one in every hand,though it is unlikely that she would manage to swing single one with both hands firmly,at most she can lift one from the ground

2h sword also another example of cheap fantasy brickblade which cannot even be used as a slashing or thursting weapon,only character which could manage to carry it is the marauder, unfortunately at the very best he could use it as a bludgeon.
1h axes.. if we can call em axes seems to actually be heads of much larger,colossal axe which only world weightlifting champions could lift.

Only ones I have no complains about are the bows, they're fairly original,not oversized,carved from poor quality wood and definetly fits the feel of the game.
Last edited by Ward on Oct 1, 2014, 9:39:04 AM
Hi

Who does the sizing on this stuff? Everything looks over sized except for the bows. Even though I dislike the bow designs I have to write that they are awesome because they got POE style. All this other stuff is too flashy looks so new,clean and unused -WHERES THE GRIT?- I have mentioned this before, THE MTX SHOULD BE DIRTY AND GRITTY:)!!! Wraeclast isn't the land of MR. Clean weapons!

Whomever keeps designing these oddball mtx should quit, I bet GGG would save a tonne of money firing whomever they got for these designs, the individual DOES NOT GET POE ENVIRONMENTAL STYLE.

MTX CANNONT SAVE THIS GAME ALONE EVENTUALLY THIS GAME WILL REQUIRE SOME SEVERE MAINTENANCE ON THE RUBBER BANDING AND DSYNC(disclaimer: I know it can't be 100% fixed but it needs to be waaaaaaaaayyy better managed), sure players like looking good but players like to play smooth games even more.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
Cool skins.

I too suspect these were designed with more of an 'asian MMO' influence to cater to the needs of Garena's localized markets. I have no problem with them being introduced, but they are not in line with what appeals to me. If I wanted oversized (read: unrealistic) melee weapons and that 'just buffed/polished/back from the weaponsmith' look, these work quite well.

In Path of Exile, as mentioned by another poster, I am primarily attracted to the much gritter, dirtier, nastier, unrefined, 'realistic' art direction and tone, infused with a Lovecraftian sense of unreality and leaks of insanity and chaos into an otherwise medieval setting.

I feel MTX that are 'immersion breaking' have no negative influence on the game to the extent that they are not common and do not appear 'in the wilds' of the game itself (Rogue Exiles notwithstanding). Being incongruous is actually beneficial, as I am sure there are many supporters that purchase MTX so they can stand out in the game. I would only ever take exception if GGG started to introduce stuff in the game itself that is inconsistent with the world that has already been created and that we have grown accustomed to. However, I do love the occasional non sequitur now and then. ;-)

I am sure there are other players that love these things. More power to ya, and thanks for supporting GGG! :-)
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
Last edited by Garr0t on Oct 1, 2014, 2:46:40 PM
I'm very disappointed in both bow skins. One is too large, and the other just doesn't look like a bow.

Would've preferred something that looked like this:

Last edited by AlfaTangOh on Oct 2, 2014, 2:00:20 PM
these crypt and runic swords ruened the immersion jsut like several other currently existing MTXes , cmon GGG if you need $$$$$$$ just TELL US!!!!!!!!. Who funded you since the very alpha? players did. You turned our backs on us,stomped your ideals just for the sake of cash which some JRPG fans carry. When I first saw name "crypt sword" I expected to see some sort of rusty and dusty weathered blade, but when i saw art was like WTFOMFGWTFISTHISREALLYPOE!!!!!!!!!! i heard you made them just to give more options for the hall of forgot name map characters so they should of stayed exclusive for them maybe except shield and bows which are pretty neat,though the bow of defiance seems a bit chinese art and bowcarving technique, but lets say it was imported from china to wraeclast so yeah it looks nice no shitty glow or shining bright colours, just aged wood, let garena have their game and you design yours instead of mixing them this is the shittiest patch i have seen over the years.
Loling at some of these comments.

Clearly you havent viewed the in game world if you think that MTX dont fit. The only MTX ever added that arguably did not fit was the Razer Naga Foot Prints.

Complaining about the style being unrealistic, ungritty, etc, just goes to show that you truly havent explored the in game areas enough.

Hello ? You can summon zombies, shoot spears of ice from your hands, etc, what part of this game do you think is soo realistic that it warrants having zero visual aesthetic ?

We are also only 3 Acts in, we dont even know what the future areas of the game will look like, regardless these new MTX definitely fit in this game, alot of which are nice and clean, if you ever payed attention to areas like solaris, even the witch compliments it on the tidiness.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
[Removed by Support]
you'd see that most of the new weps are out of place as has been described above and elsewhere, [Removed by Support]

To others who say the person/people who made these should be canned, I say why the hell did GGG let these abominations go through? Obviously this is what GGG wanted or they would have told their artists to start over.

Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Oct 8, 2014, 11:49:52 AM
"
Arthikas wrote:
[Removed by Support]
you'd see that most of the new weps are out of place as has been described above and elsewhere, [Removed by Support]

To others who say the person/people who made these should be canned, I say why the hell did GGG let these abominations go through? Obviously this is what GGG wanted or they would have told their artists to start over.

BULLSEYE! GGG wants whatever could be sellable. I am certain that they could make even mroe selling theme-fitting and not childish cartoonish skins. As for tin foil,he always disagrees with the public, some sort of nihilist probably its like 10th post i see him doing this.
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Oct 8, 2014, 11:50:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info