Beyond League is Too Easy

I haven't played or even lurked in a while, because lag, but I just randomly wanted to say something about Beyond League. Beyond League has missed the mark in so far as adding a real sense of difficulty to the game. At least once you get used to it. My highest level Beyond character is only level 67 (killed Piety at level 60, solo, and did maps for 7 levels), but I stopped playing that character because I had about a 10 second immortal call and gained 150 life per kill. And that's why that character could just literally bath in the waves of mobs and it didn't really matter. Just woosh, fly around the map, immortal call, kill, repeat. The character however, was just as susceptable to lag and random one shots as anybody else's, so I know that it can rip in the blink of an eye at random.

But that doesn't make the game feel difficult. Especially before maps I mean it's just a nonstop romp till the end game.

For next leagues I think you aught to try doing what you did with the strongboxes, but in a bigger way. Bait greedy players into CHOOSING to take big risks in order to gain good rewards. If people just fly through the 3 acts till maps the game is never going to feel difficult just because it has one shot mechanics intact.

I don't know about anyone else but I find rip'ing to one shots to be rather boring. Especially when most things that don't one shot you are generally rather harmless, unless their attacks are reinforced by lag, as they oftentimes are.

I just don't think spawning random mobs is doing it. But at the same time, after playing Beyond league, I think the game is way too easy without them. I don't see how you can go back, to be honest but you're going to have to add some actual mechanics other than the potential to be one shot to make the game feel balanced and difficult at the same time rather than uneven as it feels right now.

Btw I ripped about 3 low level characters in beyond leauge and it was all to lag. I have satillite internet so it's not soley the servers but still other than lag Beyond league doens't go deep enough game mechanics wise imo.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
And the wolves shall howl.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
didnt you die to merc act 1 merveil the moment you had to solo and couldnt hide behind partymembers ?

ohh right desyc and lag and dogfood ...did i miss an excuse ?
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Sep 30, 2014, 4:55:19 PM
>I made it to L67, league too easy

lel
anything is everything
I never understood why anyone would want to use that CWDT-setup, seems like it's killing the fun as i imagined.
Perception is reality.
As far as mechanical difficulty goes, yeah they failed pretty hard, but in the sense of a big stat wall is going to hit you for a lot of damage, it's difficult in that sense, especially on higher end maps. It's not a fun or interesting league though, and the unique beyonders are again not balanced. On the other side though, we have more un-optimized lag inducing graphics! :)
Guide - How To Get Started in Path of Exile - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1297390
My Feedback Analysis Thread - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1270724
I sincerely disagree with the op and hereby not sure if serious.

Get into maps then make post. My first character when I didnt know shit made 74 in HC before she died - in maps.

To be fair though - This whole game needs more big bosses like atziri. Like 50 of them with different mechanics you need to strategize to beat. Mervill seems nice in maps but thats about only new boss.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 30, 2014, 6:30:23 PM
Its true, I played until level 10 when I went afk in coves and came back to have died to a zombie. But seriously beyond league was super easy

^
Above is sarcasm if people aren't aware, OP does have some good points but he seems to be arguing the beyond league is too easy in total not that its too easy early on
and pretty much everyone replying ignored the points and made a typical oneliner reply addressing something irrelevant

literacy these days - a myth

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info