Melee Weapons. Why so imbalanced?

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
AntonChigur wrote:

If you ask me, there should be a meaningful difference between and axe, mace and claw. Right now they are only used if you get a lucky drop or its all you can afford. But you would never want one of those over a fast, high DPS sword. The only reason I could see is dex requirements I guess, but you would still be wishing that you could have a foil instead.

It's still faster is always better no matter what.

lol, not at all man.

I guess everyone wants to use a 1.7aps foil over a 1.2dps platinum kriss right? The only reason someone would use a kriss is because they cant afford a foil? Or an ambusher maybe? lol, no. Platinum Kriss at 1.2 aps is the king of melee weapons.

Claws are op as hell, I could turn that around completely and say only reason you would use a sword is because you cant afford a proper claw/dagger. Thats not exactly true either but its far closer to the truth tbh. Dual wield claws you end up with like 4% mana leech and 11-14% life leech + 15 life on hit without having any leech or loh on jewellery or in your gem slots. Its absolutely ridiculous how good claws are.

1H axes and maces are pretty shit I agree, mainly because there are few good skills for them, no implicits worth talking about, no specialty that is worth talking about. Scepters have great potential but just lack convincing skills, the weapon itself is fine.

There is a point there though, you miss the mark when you talk about swords vs claws etc imo, but if you just look at swords only, then within that yes, something could be done for slower bases, same with most melee weapons outside of daggers, where the slow ones are sick for melee. 1 handed axes with like 1.1 aps.. why? just why? What a nonsense weapon, its as if it only exists to fill a gap of being bad.

I didn't mention daggers because the crit is the reason to use them, they have a good reason to pick a dagger over a sword.
Rampage IGN: RIP_Stannis_Baratheon
I assume GGG had given up the balance
currently poe's balance has fucked up already
Balance? In this game there are over 1000 passive skills, 8 weapon types, who knows how many active skills and all the possible combinations ... If you know, oh so much, about game balance, then please do step up, do all the math and make a magnificent post to prove us all that you're right ...
I like many kinds of games 😊
Last edited by ArchSecter on Oct 1, 2014, 7:06:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info