Patch notes too detailed, need help pls!

Hi, I recently came back to PoE and have a hard time finding out what changed (I've been out for almost a year)

I tried back tracking through patch notes but most of them are minor features/bug fixes etc....)

I know the major changes just not their details but i can figure that out as it goes- same with the tree

I just need help with understanding the currency changes- I have read on here they have been some changes to fusing/chaos and exalted orbs.. can someone explain what exactly happened? and their effects on crafting/trading?

Edit: i think I posted in wrong section :/ sorry

Last edited by AintCare on Sep 30, 2014, 9:57:22 AM
Ehhh....how far back do you want to go?
Fusing orbs changed a good while back making it so that when you get a max link on anything with 5/6 sockets it stops you from using more and breaking the links.
The changed the percentage chance to get 4 link by a fair bit but that isn't really a thing now with the masters.

Chaos orbs recipe was change well over a year ago to only include rare items with an ilvl of 60 up(used to be lower)

Exalted have not changed in any way, chaos still work the same way they always do.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Ehhh....how far back do you want to go?
Fusing orbs changed a good while back making it so that when you get a max link on anything with 5/6 sockets it stops you from using more and breaking the links.
The changed the percentage chance to get 4 link by a fair bit but that isn't really a thing now with the masters.

Chaos orbs recipe was change well over a year ago to only include rare items with an ilvl of 60 up(used to be lower)

Exalted have not changed in any way, chaos still work the same way they always do.

ok those changes I know, I was just browsing general and people are freaking about chaos being dead due to some master recipe changes and that chaosing gives very lil chance now to create a good item now...and someone mentioned fusing changes in some "FM patch" ?
You're just reading people's hysterical rantings. They changed the level 8 Elreon meta mod that allows more than one crafted mod on an item from a cost of 1 Divine orb to a cost of 2 Exalted Orbs. Some people claim this devalues Chaos Orbs by adding a sink for Exalts, but when the dust settles, the effect on the economy will probably be about the same as when the recipe to put 20 quality on a gem was made public (ie, the sky didn't fall like some predicted).

There was no change to Fusings.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Sep 30, 2014, 1:08:44 PM
"
mark1030 wrote:
the effect on the economy will probably be about the same as when the recipe to put 20 quality on a gem was made public (ie, the sky didn't fall like some predicted).
If I understand it right, before q20 recipe GCPs were the main currency, and after that chaoses took their place. Sky surely didn't fall, but the change was significant.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info