Build of the Week Season 3 Episode 5: Hegemony's Era Crit Knockback Staff Duelist

i heard chris especially mentioning the use of the "master of the arena" passive (for sweep?) but imho + weapon range doesn't affect neither cleave or sweep.
ok, the passive node has other useful properties which more than justify it, i'm just saying. and i didn't read hege's guide yet.

playing this build sure looks like alot of fun.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Fuck that staff, man. What this build really shows is that if you build around it Immortall Call/Vaal Immortal Call ARE FUCKING OP! :O

Seriously, this build wouldn't really be viable anywhere if not for how much he's worked to max out the potential of those skills. Good job, Hege! :D

And while Power charges and Endurance charges rule the game, them poor little Frenzy charges are languishing in the dust - except, of course, with Flicker builds....:/
No offense but this really should not have been a build of the week.

Whats so special about it? i mean really? At its core its a basic melee attack build that absolutely doesnt do anything new or exciting. Long duration immortal call?!? OMG people have only been doing that with melee builds forever!

The only special part of this build was the staff. And really Hege designed a powerful staff because he likes them. i dont begrudge him that at all, im glad hes a supporter. But did you ever consider doing a build of the week for Morsexier when he designed his unique sceptre and rolled it? doubt it.

Not a bad build, but not overly powerful, no new game mechanics gone into other than the staff. this shouldnt have beena build of the week. it kinda feels like GGG said "hey we need a video, find a streamer or something, o wait hes using his own unique"
@Armenhammers
"
Armanis wrote:
No offense but this really should not have been a build of the week.

Whats so special about it? i mean really? At its core its a basic melee attack build that absolutely doesnt do anything new or exciting. Long duration immortal call?!? OMG people have only been doing that with melee builds forever!

The only special part of this build was the staff. And really Hege designed a powerful staff because he likes them. i dont begrudge him that at all, im glad hes a supporter. But did you ever consider doing a build of the week for Morsexier when he designed his unique sceptre and rolled it? doubt it.

Not a bad build, but not overly powerful, no new game mechanics gone into other than the staff. this shouldnt have beena build of the week. it kinda feels like GGG said "hey we need a video, find a streamer or something, o wait hes using his own unique"

Can't hide the Hege hate can we?

This type of melee build hasn't been in build of the week so I think that's why they saw an opportunity to pick a build from someone who created his own unique for it. By the way you tell me when you saw someone using sweep ?

Anyway I loved seeing this build in action, good job Hege !
21sec immortal call? Holy moses. Nerf inc.
n1 notice the armour, glove, and boot skins? New uniques incoming?
Please stop hosting your videos on gamespot! I cannot view videos on their site! Their video player is fucked up or something.

At least also put them on your youtube channel like you did in the past!
Hi

Cool a sweep staff build haven't seen one of those in ages and still using immortal and enduring cry, classics.

My only question is what was the attack rating on that character? below 70% chance to hit?
Higher attack rating= better critical chance.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
"
geradon wrote:
i heard chris especially mentioning the use of the "master of the arena" passive (for sweep?) but imho + weapon range doesn't affect neither cleave or sweep.
ok, the passive node has other useful properties which more than justify it, i'm just saying. and i didn't read hege's guide yet.

playing this build sure looks like alot of fun.

It does work. I've been playing cleave, sweep, cyclone and other melee builds. Tested all of them. There is no reason why it shouldn't work.

Spoiler
Unless my gameclient is bugged and somehow I hacked the game in some miracle way.

Last edited by fgcewoud on Sep 30, 2014, 2:22:29 PM
"
Wang_Jouster wrote:
Is enhance supposed to work with increased duration? Enhance reads - "Increases the quality of active skill gems"

The way in which it is worded suggests that it does not work with support gems, as support gems are passively effecting an active gem.

Guess I'm going to start leveling enhance, as I was deciding between enhance and another gem for my 6th linked but decided against enhance based on the belief that it would only give quality to the active skill gem.

Anybody?
IGNs - GotBrainDamageInIntro

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info