Is Shavronnes + Prism guardian combined OP/Broken?

Ive been thinking about the combo of using Prism Guardian and Shavronnes Wrappings combined.

If you play with the idea of building a character based on ES (NOT USING CI), whilst using prism guardian to run auras reserving more that 35% health. This would allow you to use Pain Attunement
to get "30% more Spell Damage when on Low Life."

The shavronnes wrappings is used mainly for the special effect "Chaos Damage does not bypass Energy Shield" This would allow you to run ridiculously many auras whilst getting 30% more spell damage as an passive.

My ulitmate question: Is this OP/Broken or is this build problematic in any way?

Shavronnes stats:
Spoiler

Energy Shield: (336 to 420)
(3 to 10)% increased Spell Damage
(140 to 200)% increased Energy Shield
10% faster start of Energy Shield Recharge
+(30 to 40)% to Lightning Resistance
Reflects 1–250 Lightning Damage to Melee Attackers
Chaos Damage does not bypass Energy Shield

Spoiler

hance to Block: 24%
Armour: 162
Energy Shield: 48
+12% to all Elemental Resistances
+1 to Level of Aura Gems in this item
Gems in this item have Blood Magic
Gems in this item have 25% reduced Mana Reservation
+(20 to 30) to Dexterity
+25% to all Elemental Resistances
It's not broken, it's an option. But what most people do these days with their Shavs is just run Mortal Conviction and that allows at least 7 Aura's AND a huge ES Shield, or 2 x Wands.

This is nothing new, where have you been since release?

Prism Guardian is budget option because of shit ES, nowadays people use either +1 gems item with all aura nodes and Blood Magic gem to run 2x60% auras on life or Blood Magic with Mortal Conviction.
I've always liked Prism Guardian, I think it's a very cool item. But unfortunately theres just no good use for it in it's current form. They should double or triple the ES, and then more people would use it.

That's one of my beefs in this game. There's so many uniques that are close, but not quite good enough to use.
shavs alone is enough to make any build broken op.

the whole concept of low life without downsides is of course going to be the end all be all.
it literally has no down side and conveys pure benefits.

any build in the game can potentially double its dps by adding the phrase *low life* to its title.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Sep 29, 2014, 11:25:23 AM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
shavs alone is enough to make any build broken op.

the whole concept of low life without downsides is of course going to be the end all be all.
it literally has no down side and conveys pure benefits.

any build in the game can potentially double its dps by adding the phrase *low life* to its title.

Well, no downsides is not quite true. You can get way, way more ES by not using Shav's (and/or a bunch of Armor/Evasion)

You're also limited to ES as your primary health, which has it's own downsides relative to life.

Lastly it's very expensive.

Don't get me wrong, generally speaking a good build using Shav's will be stronger than non-Shav's builds, but it's not a free upgrade by any means.
You potentially lose 500+ ES. Also if using crown of eyes then you lose a huge potential damage item.

I'd say prism guardian is the more niche or budget choice. It's definitely not the best for lowlife attack builds.
Your also taking chaos damage on -60% resistances with shavronnes, something that is neglected a lot.

Not that it's not op, but in terms of "having no downsides" this is definitely a downside.

For example i run a low life no shavronnes melee witch with 276 hp low life atm, in 73/74 maps and chaos damage is no issue because i have 75% capped resistances.

Shavronnes is just the "braindead no care" way to go low-life, which i assume a lot of people like/prefer to play since you don't have to pay attention and manage double health pools.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Chaos damage is overrated tbh, never died to it in HC with -60% most of the time.

I'd also argue that Shavronnes is the better option. I can't really see any advantages of life chaos res low-life.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Chaos damage is overrated tbh, never died to it in HC with -60% most of the time.

I'd also argue that Shavronnes is the better option. I can't really see any advantages of life chaos res low-life.

There isn't, i never said there was :).

Shavronnes is easily the braindead option or easy mode of running low-life.

Which imo is the real fail, without shavronnes, the buffs are actually justified.

Peace,

-Boem-

(also i play to many different chars to buy a shavs, so i go with cheap solutions, so i am using shavs little brother on this char :p)

Spoiler

:D
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info