Elreon Signature Mod - X Manacost of Skills

I was exited when you announced that every master has a "Build enableing Mod".
Especially about Elreons Mod ( -4 to -8 reduced manacost for skills. Finally an effective way to reduce Manacost of fast castet skills.

But i was wrong. The cost reduction applies after the multiplication with support gems! :( So the manacosts are only slightly reduced and pretty useless in endgame.

So in my opinion its not "Build enableing" when i can cast unsupportet low level skills for free only!!! That just helps me in Act 1 Normal. I am disappointed.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Heimdal1311 wrote:
I was exited when you announced that every master has a "Build enableing Mod".
Especially about Elreons Mod ( -4 to -8 reduced manacost for skills. Finally an effective way to reduce Manacost of fast castet skills.

But i was wrong. The cost reduction applies after the multiplication with support gems! :( So the manacosts are only slightly reduced and pretty useless in endgame.

So in my opinion its not "Build enableing" when i can cast unsupportet low level skills for free only!!! That just helps me in Act 1 Normal. I am disappointed.

Wouldnt that be broken?Food for thought...
Bye bye desync!
mana is only usually an issue early game, endgame builds can sustain their costs.
Honestly this item is insane...

my buddy leveled an incinerator with it and it became a free channel spell early game, that is huge.

And you can possibly craft up to -24 mana cost on a skill...that's a lot of mana investment saved in the passive tree tbh. (would be a dedicated build + craft, but still the option is there)

With these items you can run double damage aura's in normal for instance which in itself is huge for leveling fun.

The way you suggest it would end up in broken situations.

6-link spells costing like 20 mana per cast if not less etc. It would become mandatory and not a choice to build around, hope that makes sense.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
@elwindakos @boem
Perhaps you are right, it probably will become a must have signature mod that will break the mechanics.

And I agree that its very useful in the early game. But i cant see something build enableing or a huge impact in end game.

For example: I use
Power Siphon - GMP - Chain - Increased Crit Dmg - Weapon Ele Dmg

That are 73 Mana, 2 Attacks per second = 140 Manaregeneration for sustain.
So i have to have that Mana regen. And so i have no choice for my defense. I have to choose Arctic Armor and/or Mind over Matter perhaps with Eldritch Battery. I cant choose Doge cause
i ve to less Skillpoints and 50% less Energy Shield.

So what i want to say is: I am still limited with the choice my of defense. I dont know a workaround for that. Where is the Build enabeling?
to get the most out of it you have to stack it, which means using items like this

lv8 elreon mod is pretty much the only reliable way to make good items with this mod
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
^pretty sure in time we will see exalt/eternal versions of his mod for dedicated builds.

for low cost skills it could potentially be a free soul-taker if stacked correctly.

(cost reduction investment in tree and triple jewelry with the mod for instance)

Peace,

-Boem-

(gratz on ring btw, looks funny :D)
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
You can get like -50% reduced skill cost on the tree now in the Templar/Marauder area and make many level 20+ skills cost 0 even in a 6 link with Elreon mod. Even without using a Reduced Mana support gem but that will make it even easier.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info