Personal feedback after 2,5 years playing POE!

Well I realized that I play POE since 2,5 years exactly today.
Time to say thank you for a great game and for giving a little feedback.

After all this time I still really like to play poe. Of course there are some aspects of the game that I really hate but in general it is good and clear fun.

The 5 things I like most:
1.) Theorycrafting in this game really is fun (even if I hate it that you screw up the tree every new patch).
2.) Great amount of updates (keeps the game fresh).
3.) You can do things in different time windows (means you can even play when you only have 10 mins but you can also play for countless hours).
4.) I really like legacy items (no, I don't own any legacy kaoms, shavronnes, soultaker or so). Owning one or two of them can be a great long time goal for a player.
5.) This whole new hideout thing is just great! I really really really love it.

The 5 things I hate most:
1.) The big disadvantage of playing solo.
2.) I really hate the amount of rng involved.
3.) I wish the red side of the tree wouldn't be that inferior (YESSSS I LIKE MARAUDERS!!!).
4.) Trading in poe is a time consuming pain in the ass! GIEEEEEEF auctionhouse 4fs!
5.) This game really isn't nice to new players (everything good is so damn expensive or it is just plain crap). It is just awful to find your first unique and realize that is is vendor crap because all you get are lolz in tradechat.

Can't wait to see every new patch in the next 2 years! ;)

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Sep 28, 2014, 7:42:08 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Give auction house?

Because that worked SO WELL for Diablo 3.

Oh wait, it nearly killed the game before it even had a chance to grow.

How about going the other way--GGG needs to have legitimate vendor recipes for the rare orbs. EG for Divines, Exalts, Eternals, etc.
Last edited by IlyaK1986 on Sep 29, 2014, 1:29:04 AM
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
GGG needs to have legitimate vendor recipes for the rare orbs. EG for Divines, Exalts, Eternals, etc.

these "exist" - have fun findind some mirrors... ^^

otherwise: dont expect 'legitimate' vendor recipes to be that much cheaper... not from what we've always seen as the philosophy of GGG ^^

What I'd like to see, would be the ability to add a crafting mod to magic items (at the additional fee of a regal orb, of course) - and a significantly increased droprate of regals in general.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
Give auction house?

Because that worked SO WELL for Diablo 3.

Oh wait, it nearly killed the game before it even had a chance to grow.

How about going the other way--GGG needs to have legitimate vendor recipes for the rare orbs. EG for Divines, Exalts, Eternals, etc.

AH didnt kill D3 needing to use AH to progress killed D3. As in act 2 gear only dropped in act 3 and rare so no lifer teams sold gear to everyone else. Once that was straighten out about patch 1.5 AH was ahead of it's time. After that banking laws killed AH.

I love trade and was why I quit d3 after it stopped and came here. AH was far superior to 1990s trade chat we got but our trade is 1000% better than SFL RNG builds they got now.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 29, 2014, 4:09:43 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

I love trade and was why I quit d3 after it stopped and came here. AH was far superior to 1990s trade chat we got but our trade is 1000% better than SFL RNG builds they got now.

For every you, there's a me. I rejoined D3 because they abolished the AH and went targetted self found with loot 2.0 (and the other raft of changes that RoS brought). In my view, the game is better and has a longer life expectancy for it.

P.
Greater Rifts and crafting are solid other than that I hate the game. Pathetic move speed compared to this game, RNG builds ( you could play a lifetime and never make a set you're after and be rich in other items like I have 5 tal rasha chests no ammy tho whereas here I coulod trade a chest for a ammy), no tree, no thoery crafting, easy for most part, cartooned..

But you're right tho different strokes for different folks. I would take GR and a better crafting system (i.e. one where you can actually find shit to craft unlike exalts here) and combine it with this game and it would be almost perfect.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 29, 2014, 4:31:33 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
RNG builds ( you could play a lifetime and never make a set you're after and be rich in other items like I have 5 tal rasha chests no ammy tho whereas here I coulod trade a chest for a ammy)

You know, this is what _RPG_ games are about, at least for old schools players, not those modern shoppers. To progress, using what you find on the way.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info