[1.2.2 - Beyond] Molten Strike, Avatar of Fire, Blood Magic, Block - need some help with this build

Hello there!

This is my build I've been playing and enjoying lately. I want to see what you think, ask some questions and get some feedback.

5L: Molten Strike - Multistrike - Weapon Elemental Damage - Faster Attacks - Life Leech
Aura: Herald of Ash
Curse: Flammability (and Enfeeble just in case)

Offence and Defence screenshot:
Spoiler

OPS! I just realized I took the screenshots in my hideout so these are Normal difficulty resistance.

Current skill tree:

Current gear:
Spoiler

Bandits:
Normal - Life
Cruel - Attack Speed
Merciless - skill point

I think that's about it for now. I won't go into details why it looks like this but the important parts are:
- I wanted a non-weapon specific build so I can (or players interested in this build) use any weapon
- I wanted a build capable of doing all or at least most of the map mods without any modifications. That includes no regen and blood magic mods.
- I really really wanted Avatar of Fire and Herald of Ash. I thought that would be cool considering the flavour text of AoF. I mean look at this guy:
Spoiler

Anyway. Time for some questions. :)

1. How to calculate projectile dps of Molten Strike. I would really want to know.

2. Is Unwavering Stance worth a skill point at this point of the game? I have a decent amount of life and some block recovery. Maybe I wouldn't be stunned too much, too often for too long?

3. My block is not capped yet and I have 2 options to do that.
- reserve more life with Tempest Shield which would leave me with 4542 life unreserved
- or use 2 skill points to get 2x +2% block nodes below Testudo in Duelist starting area
So question is what has more value right now. ~430 life or 2 skill points. I really can't decide.

4. If I ever 6link my Belly. Added Fire Damage or Fire Penetration?

Feel free to leave feedback and suggestions or just ask questions. :)
Last edited by DeXoteric on Sep 28, 2014, 1:53:24 PM
I started with this same idea when I made my molten strike build pre-Rampage patch 1.2. I have some calculations on here that might help you, including an explanation of why Point Blank is good while Iron Grip is not. I also dual wield Doryani's Scepters to abuse the +100% elemental damage and life leech on them.

The accuracy nodes in the marauder tree don't go very well with resolute technique. :)
ign crixus_sabr
Last edited by litesabr on Sep 28, 2014, 4:48:23 PM
"
litesabr wrote:
I started with this same idea when I made my molten strike build pre-Rampage patch 1.2. I have some calculations on here that might help you, including an explanation of why Point Blank is good while Iron Grip is not. I also dual wield Doryani's Scepters to abuse the +100% elemental damage and life leech on them.

The accuracy nodes in the marauder tree don't go very well with resolute technique. :)

Hah indeed, accuracy doesn't help but the stats is what I needed. :)

Initialy I had Point Blank but after so many changes I've made it's just not worth the 6 points I think.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info