Devourers initial melee attack hit chance [updated with video]

UPDATE:

After doing tests with devourers and reading your comments I have to correct myself, Their chance to hit isn’t 100%, but still abnormally high.

Character level: 87
Area level: 73 (no mods)
Chance to evade: 53%
Chance to dodge melee attacks: 40%
If I am not mistaken, estimated chance to evade is based on character level. Area level is much lower, so estimated chances to evade here should be even better.

Here is the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JlSu6aXXJo
Sorry for the delay, it was already very late yesterday so rendering video and uploading was done today (it takes time)

Remember, that characters chance to evade is 53% + 40% chance to dodge, but still devourer’s chance to hit with melee attacks after popping out from the ground a ridiculously high. Almost all initial melee attacks are successful, like this character had almost no evasion and dodge chance at all. How can this be? Imagine 5-10 devourers popping out from the ground, as said before, i have to fall back and pray that game wont desync

This is not chalenging, this is punishing

Remember, that this topic is about evasion, suggestions to get more HP (hit points) are off topic. This charatcer is more like a "glass cannon", didn't try doing level 76 maps or higher, but it does level 75 maps with no problems. How many of you have much more evasion than this character?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Last edited by Toshis8 on Sep 30, 2014, 7:03:25 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
My experience playing a dodge/eva char: you whirling blade across the screen like a mofo, devourers pop up somewhere behind you way out of melee range, their fireballs shoot in a different direction completely missing you, you WB back and kill them. IMO nothing trivializes devourers like a fast moving char.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
You can keep running after they pop which will make their hit miss. If you stand where they pop then all will hit you.

Edit: Just realized you mean they have a 100% hit chance when they do connect with your character. No idea about that although my block character definitely works against them.
Last edited by kasub on Sep 28, 2014, 12:48:44 PM
cwdt = what devourer
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Maybe GGG can clarify how this damage is calculated. I'm pretty sure it's just an attack.
I'm 100% sure their initial attacks can be blocked.
That makes me 100% sure they can be dodged, either.
Besides that, I don't remember being raped by devourers, while playing an EVA char.

All of these makes me think it's not the way you describe it.

Spoiler
And it cannot be different, as both of their attacks, melee or ranged, are considered "attacks". They deal physical damage and can be blocked, dodged, or evaded.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Sep 28, 2014, 2:17:25 PM
My ranger is level 86 > 52% chance to evade + 40% chance to dodge (without flasks), but still devourer initial melee attacks after poping up always hit me. Tho I evade projectiles - its not the same. I have a lot of increased movement speed, sometimes when i move away from devourers quickly they hit me from half a screen.

Seems like GGG intentionally designed this monster to be punishing. Or this game is cursed - never evade with 52% evade chance and 40% dodge chance, which is very unlikely.

Probably i should make a video showing how it is
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
"
Toshis8 wrote:
My ranger is level 86 > 52% chance to evade + 40% chance to dodge (without flasks), but still devourer initial melee attacks after poping up always hit me. Tho I evade projectiles - its not the same. I have a lot of increased movement speed, sometimes when i move away from devourers quickly they hit me from half a screen.

Seems like GGG intentionally designed this monster to be punishing. Or this game is cursed - never evade with 52% evade chance and 40% dodge chance, which is very unlikely.

Im pretty sure its considered a spell when they emerge.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
"
Toshis8 wrote:

Honestly, it's just a mob that tests you having

A. CwDT setup
B. Good flask management

If you made a video, all I would do is pick apart what you're not doing.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Since 2 "inhabited by animals" failed to spawn devourers, went into a dark forest map.

And no, their initial attack doesn't always hit, as already said.
Played around with a pack of champs, they weren't able to hit me with the "pop put" attack, nor with any other.

Tested it several times, moved away multiple times and stood still to provoke them pop out below me.

P.S.

Got no spell dodge, nor spell block.

P.P.S.

OP, improve defences.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Sep 28, 2014, 6:54:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info