Well im done

Well Another sick lag death in beyond lost another char with 5+ exalts due to shitty servers. GGG let me know when you stop adding more shit that makes your game lag and desync[Removed by Support]

Glad to see the money i spent on micro transactions to "Support" this game are clearly wasted on stupid content like masters and strongboxes.

[Removed by Support]are just going to throw all the money people spend on them on stupid development like Masters. Instead of spending it on there servers its pretty fucking simple.
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Sep 28, 2014, 2:16:41 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
[removed by support]
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Michael_GGG on Sep 29, 2014, 7:16:45 PM
Give me your Exalteds if you're quitting! ; D
Stoutarm

Guildleader: JESUSWEPT (JESUS†)
[removed by support] blame the servers(which it's not) rather than growing a pair and learning how to fucking deal with the problem(which is rather easy) and having so little desync that the only time you'll see it is when you have a problem with your connection.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by Michael_GGG on Sep 29, 2014, 7:39:33 PM
"
FadeXF wrote:
Sorry man - that sucks. =(

I know you want to play the game HC - just a suggestion to maybe just enjoy things in SC-modes for now until they actually stabilize their code for desync?

That will literally never happen though.
They've stated so many times that Desync will NEVER be fixed.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
Bad luck. I won't play hardcore for this reason, lost a nemesis character to an instance crash and another to a desync where I actually was placed in a room I never even walked close to in the first place.

I thought "yea I'll play softcore because then I can't lose my hard work to game bugs" but yea even this is false, I've lost at least 5ex worth of drops/maps/currency to instance crashing in rampage league alone. Most recent kick in the face was losing an unidentified Rumi's concoction (1-3ex in rampage depending on rolls) that I'd got from Trio boss and my Atziri instance, I got the Rumi's at Trio and the instance crashed on Atziri's stairs, so it was in my possession for quite some time before the instance crashed but it was still gone when I logged back in.

Unfortunately, there is a lot of people on these forums who'll white knight for GGG beyond logic and try to make you feel worse about the game screwing you over, they'll try make it out to be your fault. GGG will just ignore it or, again, act like it is your fault their game has issues.

Sucks because I really think this is a good game, developer priorities and attitudes are just sending it downhill though in my honest opinion. Gamebreaking issues do not get fixed or even addressed, but some how there is always staff on hand to move threads and mute people in-game. And why do we need more shiney weapons and armors from the store? I sure as hell ain't purchasing rubbish like that while the game is in this state.
IGNs - GotBrainDamageInIntro
Last edited by Wang_Jouster on Sep 28, 2014, 11:33:14 AM
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
[removed by support]

How do I fix the problem?
Last edited by Michael_GGG on Sep 29, 2014, 7:30:16 PM
"
ZZZappy wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
...and just blame the servers(which it's not) rather than growing a pair and learning how to fucking deal with the problem(which is rather easy) and having so little desync that the only time you'll see it is when you have a problem with your connection.

How do I fix the problem?

First, you have to be willing to listen to the advice that others give. Until then, you're S.O.L.
Last edited by Michael_GGG on Sep 29, 2014, 7:35:38 PM
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
...just blame the servers(which it's not) rather than growing a pair and learning how to fucking deal with the problem(which is rather easy) and having so little desync that the only time you'll see it is when you have a problem with your connection.

To be fair, that was every second of my game play. We have 20+ year old phone lines and live over a quarter mile off the road. Iirc the phone company is responsible for the lines along the road but not ours (for like another 5+ years). Replacing them now or running cable would both be >= $13k. (E: iirc cable company said ~$13k installation and phone company estimated ~$8k to replace the phone lines before they're contractually obligated to)

Just saying, that while yes the problem is entirely my own, circumstance isn't so easy to generalize and it's true the game does little to ease the suffering of fringe cases like mine.

I agree with everything else, though, minus the vitriol.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by Michael_GGG on Sep 29, 2014, 7:33:02 PM
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
...and just blame the servers(which it's not) rather than growing a pair and learning how to fucking deal with the problem(which is rather easy) and having so little desync that the only time you'll see it is when you have a problem with your connection.

The fact that you even have to "deal" with the problems brought on by the game is lame. What is truly pathetic is people who don't have ANY clue to they persons play style, connection, etc. and just assume that it is not on the server and/or code side so it has to be something on the users side. Quit assuming, grow a pair yourself, and posting childish crap.

If you read the manifesto, the game was designed for high latency connections in mind. While I agree that there are things people can do to help mitigate the issues, I have seen plenty of times when people do the proper things and still get desync issues or lag issues brought on by poorly optimized code, which can easily be confused with desync.

So why doesn't GGG deal with the known problems? It should not be just the players having to learn to deal with them.

That last line is complete BS as you have no clue.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
Last edited by Michael_GGG on Sep 29, 2014, 7:36:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info