Increased Experience in Maps

I have searched and found nothing concerning an affix, or prefix for a map that increases the XP you gain....
Is there such a thing that can be added to maps?? Can you increase the experience gain in maps in any way??
Thanks in advance!!
To the best of my knowledge, the only way to increase the experience you gain is by using the uniques that do so (Perandus Signet, Chitus' Apex and Supreme Truth). There is certainly no way to add experience to a map, other than by pack size or similar mods.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Pack size / magic monsters my friend
IGN: NujARC
Thanks both, I only asked because I did mission for Zana that sent me to a map that had EXTREME XP BOOST, although no drops, and my level it is near impossible to get any XP any more, even from maps.
I was hoping that this was not a fluke, and there was an affix or something that could be added to a map to increase XP gained, but alas, it seems that the only means of this is more mobs, MEH....
Well regardless, thanks for taking the time to respond!!
as someone mentioned - pack size/magic monsters

Im not sure if you are aware of exp penalty related to doing maps that are too low compared to your level.. check this wiki article for more info (and a formula)
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
That map that Zana gives, and I believe Death and Taxes unique map offer more XP.
"
simballine wrote:
That map that Zana gives, and I believe Death and Taxes unique map offer more XP.

Also THANKS A MILLION, that is actually very helpful as I have a few Necropolis maps, and a lot of chance orbs!!
"
simballine wrote:

It's only the boss, not the adds that give the extra XP though, isn't it?

Each of the forms drops its own lootsplosion, does each form count as a seperate mob for gaining XP?
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
the zana map is calle "undainted paradise" if i remember correctly.
No Loot, massive XP

Death and taxes only the boss gives xp afaik - never ran that
Forums are SOOO much fun on patch day!

Casuals play because it's fun, not to achieve any goal unreachable with their resources.
We are playing for the next difficulty, the next keystone, the next item upgrade.
Not to feel better than anyone else.
Death and taxes map has 10.000% xp on boss, and increased damage on boss, nothing else.Np xp on rest of the map thus.

Keep in mind boss is Merveil 2.0, not the easiest boss ingame atm.

That map, and untainted paradise map from Zana (1.000 to 1.200% increased xp on whole map) are the only maps with increased XP.
The mentioned uniques are an option, but not worth the slots IMO.

Best option is, as said, more magic and/or rare monsters and packsize. Totems in maps also works: each totems has a pack around it = extra mobs.

Edit: untainted Paradise is a lvl66 map. So even with the increased XP only usefull when pre-lvl80. If you are higher level you just might do high level maps, same xp but with loot.
Last edited by Punica1980 on Oct 1, 2014, 7:36:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info