Best class for damage?

Title. I like doing alot of damage, but I heard glass cannon isn't the way to go. I am doing my first playthrough with ranger. Once I finish, I want to make another class with a proper build, but I don't know who to pick. Suggestions? Thanks
It's not so much that glass cannon isn't the way to go so much as that glass cannon has a different definition in PoE compared to most games. It's true that you will just keel over in a millisecond if you don't put some effort into defense, but that said, the fastest clearing viable builds play for all intents and purposes like glass cannons. They just still have to make some investment into not dying to a puff of wind.

Semantics aside, the way to deal loads of damage in this game is with crit, and Shadow, Ranger and Witch are almost always the classes you look to for crit builds due to the placement of most crit nodes on the skill tree. Which of those you go for depends on exactly what build you want to attempt, but Shadow is probably the most common. If you want the absolute maximum DPS possible on a limited budget, I believe the way to go would be to follow this guide. I do not know of any other builds (aside from variations of the same general idea) that can surpass 100k DPS for under 5 ex.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Sep 28, 2014, 12:48:53 AM
Alright thanks. From reading some stuff, my two choices are Shadow and Marauder. I am playing with a friend, so which one should I choose?
Which ever one you want it matters very little, all it determines is your starting spot on the passive tree.
Beyond_Bow_BobMKIII Level 80 Tornado Shot Scion
Last edited by Zeshin on Sep 28, 2014, 1:05:09 AM
"
SparklingSoap wrote:
Alright thanks. From reading some stuff, my two choices are Shadow and Marauder. I am playing with a friend, so which one should I choose?

marauder is probably the worst class on the entire tree for dps generally speaking, there maybe a few specific builds which are an exception to that rule.

actually you could probably take "for dps" out of that sentence and it would still ring true imo.
Alright thanks, I'll go with Shadow. That build that viperesque gave me is very confusing to me because I am a noob. Could someone post a build that a noob can understand? Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info