If you have rain at your hideout, you are a bad person

"
I've never understood all the discussion about rain. I personally don't experience any lag at all.

If your computer is so frickin bad, it can't even run that effect without crashing, it's time for an upgrade ... If you don't want to upgrade, well ... Don't play this game.

I'm much against them lowering the amount of particles, so it begins to look like torchlight or something like that ... I hate when games are that ugly. Ugh.

While I personally do not have really any lag with rain in this game, this game is in no way a graphically intense game, far from it. It is however very poorly optimized in the graphics department and pushes graphic cards far more than a game with its graphics should.

Second, you have no clue what type of a system someone has unless they post it, so get off that childish crap. This game has been proven to have issues even with high end systems based on in-game situations. Just because you personally have not experienced, does not mean it does not exist.

Rain has been a major complaint for a lot of players in this game. Which is why most are just asking for a switch to turn it off, not completely remove it. That is a very common option in games. Again I have not had much issue with it.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
"
Wang_Jouster wrote:
"
I've never understood all the discussion about rain. I personally don't experience any lag at all.

If your computer is so frickin bad, it can't even run that effect without crashing, it's time for an upgrade ... If you don't want to upgrade, well ... Don't play this game.

I'm much against them lowering the amount of particles, so it begins to look like torchlight or something like that ... I hate when games are that ugly. Ugh.

I can run battlefield on full detail which is a hell of a lot more pretty looking then this game is, not to mention physics, massive maps, shit flying everywhere. Rain in POE still lags me. Tell me more about how it is my computer and not the poorly optimised game.

I guess desync is just my internet dropping out too oh wait except no other game or application has any problems for me at all, strange.

And how many hacks are there for battlefield? I also don't for a second believe you can run 1080p+ on battlefield on ultra with 4x MSAA at 60 fps or above *constantly* yet you lag on rain.

Would love to see a video.
"
DS_Deadman wrote:
"

While I personally do not have really any lag with rain in this game, this game is in no way a graphically intense game, far from it. It is however very poorly optimized in the graphics department and pushes graphic cards far more than a game with its graphics should.

Second, you have no clue what type of a system someone has unless they post it, so get off that childish crap. This game has been proven to have issues even with high end systems based on in-game situations. Just because you personally have not experienced, does not mean it does not exist.

Rain has been a major complaint for a lot of players in this game. Which is why most are just asking for a switch to turn it off, not completely remove it. That is a very common option in games. Again I have not had much issue with it.

I personally don't have much against getting a switch to turn off the rain, but there are 3 main reasons that they crash:

They have a graphics card or other main processing component incapable of processing the amount of data without the risk of overheating causing a major system failure. Therefore the system shuts off.

They have programs or a operating system not fully compatible with the game files, causing failure. Therefore they experience a crash.

The game or operating system manages computer components not fully compatible/supported by the game or operating system (maybe both). Therefore a crash.

I can't guarentie that this is the cause of the problems, and I'm certainly aware that GGG's optimization of the game isn't nearly quite on top ... A crash is often because your system is protecting itself by terminating instead of risking "death".

"
Wang_Jouster wrote:

I can run battlefield on full detail which is a hell of a lot more pretty looking then this game is, not to mention physics, massive maps, shit flying everywhere. Rain in POE still lags me. Tell me more about how it is my computer and not the poorly optimised game.

I guess desync is just my internet dropping out too oh wait except no other game or application has any problems for me at all, strange.

I'm aware that the servers lag quite a lot sometimes, but that is GGG's (or the service providers) fault ...
I like many kinds of games 😊
Last edited by ArchSecter on Sep 29, 2014, 11:28:38 AM
"
Wang_Jouster wrote:
"
"
Wang_Jouster wrote:

So you're telling me all of your other games and applications utilize the full connection path from your computer all the way through GGG's servers? In layman's terms, if the cause of desync is closer to GGG's side than your side, it's highly likely not to affect your other online experiences.

Sorry what? I'm not saying desync effects anything else, I'm saying nothing else has any problem what so ever yet POE has desync.

That's because GGG are unusually paranoid/protective when it comes to hackers and the such ...

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/889669
Last edited by ArchSecter on Sep 29, 2014, 11:29:11 AM
"
CanHasPants wrote:
^ careful now.

1.2.4 Patch Notes: "Due to overwhelming community feedback, we have added dynamically growing puddles to all rainy zones."

Spoiler
Next thing you know 1.2.5 will introduce mechanics "shocking is 50% more effective when standing in a puddle" so that the environmental effects are inextricably tied to game mechanics. That'll show you!
Spoiler
1.2.6: cold projectiles flying over rain puddles leave ice trails. Not that ice from AA/AB, but "real" ice which can stun you if you try to cross it.

"
1. They have a graphics card or other main processing component incapable of processing the amount of data without the risk of overheating causing a major system failure. Therefore the system shuts off.
"shut off"<>"crash". Also, iirc, modern (I mean 10 years old and newer) systems have inbuilt overheat protection that does not use crashing/rebooting as "safety measures".
"
2. They have programs or a operating system not fully compatible with the game files, causing failure. Therefore they experience a crash.
"OS incompatible with files"? Are you mad sir?
"
3. The game or operating system manages computer components not fully compatible/supported by the game or operating system (maybe both). Therefore a crash.
See above.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
DS_Deadman wrote:
"

I run PoE on a ATI/AMD HD6870 and rain doesn't lag me out either. I do agree that if it does cause lag on inferior setups (no one should ever play PoE with the cpu's built-in video or any bottle-necked 128-bit GPU) there needs to be a way to turn that off in the video options. We all know (should know) that GGG's beginning decision to go with a custom in-house written game engine has now come full circle and is biting them in the ass with poor performance. I can only imagine (or maybe not as I don't have a clue how bad the code is after this many patches) how overloaded the game engine core is at this point in time. I'm amazed that some new titles such as Project Cars can get that level of detail and fantastic rain reflections/refractions without taking a major frame rate hit so GGG is seriously behind the proverbial 8 ball in the performance department. So how's the ocean crossing to fix performance issues going GGG? What?... the ship has lost it's sails?... or the row boat is taking forever to get to the other side where PoE performance is much better. Ouch, the poor camels back is about to break (already has broken on lower end hardware) from just one more patch, one more new skill, one more bling.  :(
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
silumit wrote:
"
CanHasPants wrote:
^ careful now.

1.2.4 Patch Notes: "Due to overwhelming community feedback, we have added dynamically growing puddles to all rainy zones."

Spoiler
Next thing you know 1.2.5 will introduce mechanics "shocking is 50% more effective when standing in a puddle" so that the environmental effects are inextricably tied to game mechanics. That'll show you!
Spoiler
1.2.6: cold projectiles flying over rain puddles leave ice trails. Not that ice from AA/AB, but "real" ice which can stun you if you try to cross it.

"
1. They have a graphics card or other main processing component incapable of processing the amount of data without the risk of overheating causing a major system failure. Therefore the system shuts off.
"shut off"<>"crash". Also, iirc, modern (I mean 10 years old and newer) systems have inbuilt overheat protection that does not use crashing/rebooting as "safety measures".
"
2. They have programs or a operating system not fully compatible with the game files, causing failure. Therefore they experience a crash.
"
3. The game or operating system manages computer components not fully compatible/supported by the game or operating system (maybe both). Therefore a crash.
See above.

1. The shutoff reaction may be outdated, but the people experiencing the problem, if you read what could cause it, run on older systems, therefore it is indeed a possibility.

2. The OS being incompatible is a possibility if they're for example; playing on a mac and therefore using translated code, providing the possibility for a translation error.

3. See above.
Last edited by ArchSecter on Sep 30, 2014, 4:06:39 AM
"
"
"
See above.

1. If the CPU gets too hot and is severely throttling itself or worse just shuts down then either:
A). You need an after market CPU heatpipe cooler (throw the aluminum crap boxed cooler out).
B). You need better cooling in the tower case (what?...more work fans... right-O).
C). If you're using a laptop... shame on you for blaming GGG for poor GPU speed.

I run my older core-i5 660 (2C4T) at 3.8 Ghz rock solid 24/7 in a Gigabyte socket 1155 motherboard.
I have a massive 4 heatpipe dual 120mm push/pull fan air cooler, and front and rear 120mm case fans.
I specifically chose the MSI Hawk Radeon 6870 a few years ago because it has one of the best GPU coolers.

2. Don't use Windows XP or a 32-bit Windows 7. Always use Windows 7 or 8 64-bit with at least 4GB of ram.

3. If you are missing the correct hardware drivers or they are outdated by all means update them.
    Always use the latest certified AMD or Nvidia GPU drivers.

If you are up to speed on all the minimum hardware necessary to run PoE without rain lag and still have problems then you can and should talk to GGG customer support. But if you have older performance bottlenecked hardware then all bets are off. Desync/rubberbanding is already bad enough to cause major playing frustrations at times, I can't see how anyone can stand to play PoE if the computer hardware is lagging out PoE too.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:

2. Don't use Windows XP or a 32-bit Windows 7. Always use Windows 7 or 8 64-bit with at least 4GB of ram.

Poe executable is not even 64-bit, how much of a difference win7 64 would do compared to win 7 32?

I would assume POE just consider win7 64 to be 32 bit since the application is not made for a 64 bit system no?
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Sep 30, 2014, 4:32:36 PM
I've been in Catarina's hideouts and never noticed the rain. I'll have to pay more attention I guess.

I dont have any issues with rain but I do try to keep up with what's going on in the tech support forums. Some people report that their systems showed much improvement when reducing or eliminating the sound (like with a no sound command). Don't know if that would help with the rain or. Ot, but if you're having problems, it couldn't hurt to check that out.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info