How exactly does At Least N Colored Sockets work on Voricci's bench?

I need to get RRBG on a pure dex item. This is 3 off color sockets; and normally would be really difficult to roll normally. Depending on how the bench works rolling it that way could be a lot easier. However I can think of two different ways that it could work; one of which would need far fewer tries than the other. I'd be using the 15 Chromatic At Least 1 Red and 1 Blue as the cheapest way to get 2 off color sockets.

Possible implementation A: Roll all 4 sockets normally, and then if necessary change the color of 2 of them.

Possible implementation B: Set 1 socket to Red, a second to Blue, then roll the last 2 normally.

I'm pretty sure that B would make it a lot more likely to end up crafting RBGG and get the result I need for less.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
It randomly rerolls it but it has those colors at the very minimum to my knowledge.

From some of my experiences. I payed 4 chrome for 1 green once and got 2 red 2 blue 2 green on an occu vestment. Another time I payed for just 1 green and got 3 green.

On my shavs I payed 225 chrom for 3 green and got gggbbb.

I guess I didnt really answer because I am not sure lol. Both kinda end in the same results..
Last edited by terrex on Sep 27, 2014, 2:13:54 PM
Yeah I think BMBI1 got it right:

You can pay for "At least RRB" and your 4th is normal RNG roll.

So if you needed say RRRBBB on a pure dex chest, in theory you are still only rolling for three off color sockets, not 6, because you can mandate the first 3 be the colors you need.
Exile

"Bullshit, you get the game for free."
-Qarl
It is funny how noone so far has understood the question :).

My answer is: No matter if I have the information, I have no incentive to share that information with you. Furthermore, you are very much able to do your own tests to see which of the hyptotheses are correct.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
Summoner wrote:
Possible implementation A: Roll all 4 sockets normally, and then if necessary change the color of 2 of them.

Possible implementation B: Set 1 socket to Red, a second to Blue, then roll the last 2 normally.

Third possibility (the one I suspect GGG implemented):

Vorici simply rerolls the item, as many times as it takes, until the colors you specified turn up. He then shows you the result.
"
mazul wrote:

My answer is: No matter if I have the information, I have no incentive to share that information with you. Furthermore, you are very much able to do your own tests to see which of the hyptotheses are correct.

I love our friendly, helpful community! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
From my experimentation, he always sets the first ones on top with the colours you ask. I tried one red and 2 red, and they were always 1 and 2 in my 6s.

Small sample but that would push towards B.

Unless someone got counter examples it also invalidate A or third possibility as i'd have seen blues or green in first/second with those options.

Only matter is the sample size, probably just did it less than 20 times to get what i wanted.
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
mazul wrote:

I love our friendly, helpful community! =^[.]^=

Ditto :).
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
Summoner wrote:

I'm 99.9% sure it's this one. I've used over 500 chromes on his recipes. Basically your first, second and third sockets are set to the colors then all other sockets are rolled normally. This means if it's a pure dex item, especially with high dex like atziri's step, your highest chance of getting what you want in your first roll would be "At least two red, at least one blue" and the last one is most likely to get green due to it's base.

But that costs 285 chromatics, and there's still a chance it could roll red or blue on the last remaining green. You might want to try one blue one red for 25 a few times and hope it rolls the other one off color, because you may end up doing the recipe say... 4 or 5 times to get what you want and having spent only 100 or 125 chromatics.

This was done with the 25 chromatic, two red recipe, 2 or 3 times.
"
PsionicKitten wrote:
"
Summoner wrote:

I'm 99.9% sure it's this one. I've used over 500 chromes on his recipes. Basically your first, second and third sockets are set to the colors then all other sockets are rolled normally. This means if it's a pure dex item, especially with high dex like atziri's step, your highest chance of getting what you want in your first roll would be "At least two red, at least one blue" and the last one is most likely to get green due to it's base.

But that costs 285 chromatics, and there's still a chance it could roll red or blue on the last remaining green. You might want to try one blue one red for 25 a few times and hope it rolls the other one off color, because you may end up doing the recipe say... 4 or 5 times to get what you want and having spent only 100 or 125 chromatics.

This was done with the 25 chromatic, two red recipe, 2 or 3 times.

Thank you; I'd never used it before and thus had no way to discover the pattern. For the short term it's a moot point. I was able to find an Alpha's that someone else had rolled to my colors, divined to near perfect stats, and then failed to corrupt a useful mod (+ gem levels?) for only 10C (vs 20+ for a non-corrupted random one).

This leaves me with a decent Chaos reserve; but I'll probably burn it on jewelry upgrades instead of something that needs socketed.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info