why is ice nova so strong on boxes but so weak for us

just got 1 shotted by a box, was fun
Because it's level 30000 Ice Nova.
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_
I think so too. It's some special super strong ice nova not available for players.

Use smoke mine or lightning warp to get away from those nasty surprises.
Don't touch that box. It's so cold it causes that "stuck your tongue to the flag pole in the middle of a blizzard effect" with out you even knowing you stuck your tongue out.
For me its not even the ice nova itself.
It is that often there is a lag when opening such strongbox.
So while usually it is possible to click the box and run away or leap out before something nasty jumps out of the box (even with lag), the lag allows the nova to freeze and also prevents from using the "removes frozen and chill" potion in the correct moment allowing the complete spawn including rogue exile and whatnot to do their initial hit.
So either skip those boxes, waste chaos orbs on them, or buttonmash all potions and play russian roulette opening such boxes.
Warbands IGN:
Theldurin
This nova has damage over 9000.

Last edited by CookieVortex on Sep 27, 2014, 4:29:31 PM
"
CookieVortex wrote:

Over 9000?! That's not possible!
CAUSE THEY ARE STRONG-BOXES DUH
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
CookieVortex wrote:

Over 9000?! That's not possible!
With 0 res, it's over 9000 (since it's over 4000 with 75%).
Ho, and the nova range is a tad over one screen too. Better leap/tele/whirl fast when opening the beast.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
I make it a habit to always have a smoke mine in my wep swap for ice nova boxes, spam detonate the second you click the box to get some distance on nova/explosion/detonate dead.

But also, why do people think the player ice nova is so weak? My ice nova witch with double divinarius and carcass jack oneshots the screen in maps with 0 setup, clears way faster than my discharger who has to curse and enduring cry and tank and then discharge and let the prolif do work, while the witch just holds down lightning warp through the map (that freezes thanks to herald of ice) while dropping novas that erase entire zip codes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info