Is CI dead or something?

"
Mr_Mustasch wrote:

In this case, I would wager that your increased survivability is largely an effect your of your choice of offense rather than CI... especially if your marauder happens to be melee and your witch a freeze pulser.

Well, my Marauder is more up in the face, and to some extent with a bit of range from Molten Strike to proliferate his fire damage across the mobs thanks to Oro and Mokou for the ignite chance despite being RT.

My witch likes to attack more off-screen with Ice Spear, and if anything tries to get close to her, Glacial Cascade can finish them off, or somehow Ice Spear shatters them midway.

Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

I have to say ever since leaving Closed Beta (no more +50% MORE ES) CI had this meh-ish feel to it on an avarage char with avarage gear :/
Got worse, better, and now worse again.

I think they should rework it a little, do something like
"Grants 50% of health as _additional_ layer ontop of ES".

And suddendly you have more ES just by leveling up, but ES that doesn't scale with any of your ES nodes or int bonus, so you still need some gear, but you have a small extra layer of ES that should also help with going CI on low levels (which is just ... suicidal at this point). Makes HP on items also somewhat viable, though hopefully not too strong (guess the -50% could be tweaked a little. Or even be something like 40% of HP + a layer of 100 to help with early levels)

Maybe some more nodes behind CI, such as "xx% lower freeze/chill/shock/burn duration" or "freeze/chill/shock/burn duration based on xx% of ES".
What really kills it for me: You can't use the +50% rarity flask on a CI build since it's a hybrid flask.
What? No, you can use that flask with CI. I do it all the time. It is active as long there is mana to replenish.
I love CI on Beyond right now. It turns those Chaos Damage clouds, desecrate maps(and boss), poison on hit maps, Flicker Strike Beyond bosses, and Chaos Beyond beetles into nothing.

Yeah it is limited by gear(and price) but you can get lucky and roll some high ES gear, I found some really good ES hat/gloves from Cruel that I still use now(133 ES gloves/277 ES hat). But, I'm sure there are far better than mine.

I use the Eye of Chayula/Dream Frag combo and you basically can never be stopped.

Last edited by DuskPS on Oct 2, 2014, 7:32:57 PM
It'd do CI a world of good if all the "on low life" mods were triggered while on CI. I have 1 life, for god's sake. If that's not on low life, what is. :-)
"
delray wrote:
What really kills it for me: You can't use the +50% rarity flask on a CI build since it's a hybrid flask.

Depends on build. My CI caster is one of the few chars that can get the full duration out of it because arc drains mana like crazy. Only ~60% reserved tho.

A MoM build I play on the other hand regens too fast to make good use of it.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Last edited by OwVEmrkMLX on Oct 5, 2014, 5:55:36 PM
The problem with CI is that it's expensive to gear well, and it quickly reaches the point where the cost/benefit cannot compete with low life builds. For a bit extra money you can get a LOT more powerful build by going low-life.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
"
tackle70 wrote:
The problem with CI is that it's expensive to gear well, and it quickly reaches the point where the cost/benefit cannot compete with low life builds. For a bit extra money you can get a LOT more powerful build by going low-life.

Yet another problem with CI is Chaos Damage. It ISNT REALLY DANGEROUS at all, i have a ranger with 5k HP and -60% chaos resistance, and i dont get oneshots from chaos-damaging mobs, even in 75+ maps.

Just think about it. Going with -60% fire OR cold OR lightning resist in 75+ maps is a SURE death. If chaos damage was at least half as strong as elemental, CI would be MUCH more powerul. Right now, CI is not about "wow, i get immunity to that nasty chaos damage", but about using large amounts of ES. I believe this isnt right.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
Right now, CI is not about "wow, i get immunity to that nasty chaos damage", but about using large amounts of ES. I believe this isnt right.

True, people are more likely greedy about the "more" multiplier, rather than having chaos immunity.

Chaos damage isn't a great problem. It could be, in rare situations, but that doesn't justify switching to CI with all of it's drawbacks. It's all about the bloody multiplier.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info