Error code 8 since installing Win 7 on PC with enough RAM

Don't know why it just started. I didn't remove the RAM. I only added a bigger HD and Win 7. Any suggestions? I don't play from Steam.
Censored.
Can you provide any more details on the error? "error code 8" is a little generic.

Where do you see this error? What exactly does it say? When does it show up? Are you using Steam or Stand-alone web client?

The more details you provide, the better help you'll get.
Hi Kolyaboo,

I'm sorry to hear this is happening.

Are you running 32-bit Windows 7? Unfortunately this will limit your available RAM artificially and can cause the game to run out of memory.

Running the game with Texture Quality set to Medium usually fixes this, but you may still have problems after changing areas several of times.

It may also help to add -gc 2 to the end of your Path of Exile shortcut target.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
Hi Dan! Thanks, I do have 32 bit and we just got another PC so yet another is not in budget for now. I did turn textures to medium (have good card and it turned everything up). Also, DUH I changed it to run as admin (you know how with dopey win 7 you have to do that with every single appl). I haven't had another incident since so I'm hoping that will at least help. The good thing w/POE, imo, is that at least when it crashes you can go right back in super fast.
Censored.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info